Sign in to follow this  
Rcflyyer1

Creating freeware

As a simmer for the past 5 years, I have to say that the amount of freeware addons are incredible. The amount of work that people have done for others is what makes me love this community. I finally decided to give back and want to make freeware scenery of my own. I have made 2-3 airports and though I am not the best, it looks like gold compared to the many default runway-only airports in FS9.

The only thing holding me back is the amount of people who will find my scenery useful. FS9 is over 11 years old and though my computer handles it much better, I see that most people have switched to FSX and P3D. If I design scenery for FS9, will people be able to enjoy it or am I too late? I would hate for my work to be useless to many simmers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

I think that we are all appreciating your efforts. If you ask this question in the FS9ers' forum, you will hear only one answer: You are not too late!

Undoubtedly, most simmers use FSX or P3D or XP today, so I think you address some ten percent of the community. But I repeat, those still flying FS9 will appreciate new sceneries, especially those neglected by commercial scenery makers.

Best regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Also important to know that most FS9 scenery works in FSX and if there is no FSX-native option for an airport many FSX users will use the FS9 version over the default.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks Harald, that is great to hear! Just giving work back to the simmers. I love working on those small airports in the countryside or on an island. Doing smaller airports allows me to put much more detail into every foot of the airport rather than the tens of miles that most international airports require. Thanks for the kind words.

I wasn't aware of that at all Joe. I feel much more comfortable putting effort into airfields that I know can be used on both sim platforms.

Adam