Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

P3D V2 Hotfix 2.5.12945.0.

There is no need to re-install add-ons.  Any developer that goes outside the SDK and requires the Prepar3d.exe (and/or associated DLLs) using ReadProcessMemory and/or WriteProcessMemory (or other methods) will need to relocate the new base address and figure out if the structure they think is there really is there and if it's the same structure ... this can take time because it's not supported by LM or the SDK so there is no documentation.

Any time LM compile and produce a new Prepar3D.exe and associated DLLs those base addresses are very likely to change (not always but that's rare).  In most cases LM can NOT fix bugs or produce new content without recompiling and producing a new Prepar3D.exe (and associated DLLs) ... in some rare cases they can just make shader file changes but many bugs and/or new content requires a compile and redistribution of the EXE and associated DLLs/files.

3rd party content providers go outside the SDK and use this process to provide a better end user experience of their products.

Cheers, Rob.

Corrected runway lights not rendering across multiple GPUs

Any idea what that means exactly?

I'm still having the hope that Aerosoft lights will be fixed someday...

Maybe they have fixed the bug that default lights lost the bloom inside of a specific radius around the aircraft?

Regards, Sebastian

Hmm the fix list doesn't list any of the issues I have had - has the start-up scenario screen - blurry terrain - no cloud shadows ?  terrible AA - been fixed ?

..popcorn clouds :D

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Any idea what that means exactly?

Corrected issue if you have multiple GPUs running multiple monitors.

Cheers, Rob.

So does ASN work or not?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

ASN does NOT work with this hotfix. I don't expect that it will take too long before a patch is released.

Moving the P3D platform forward will often break some compatibilities with some add-ons but that is a small price to pay for an evolving sim, IMHO.

Lyn

ASN does NOT work with this hotfix. I don't expect that it will take too long before a patch is released.

Moving the P3D platform forward will often break some compatibilities with some add-ons but that is a small price to pay for an evolving sim, IMHO.

Lyn

OK Cool, you've saved me many headaches. Just got everything setup and running well and I just want to fly.

Ron Hamilton

ORBX Objectflow has already been pushed in an updated version, so it will update automagically when you start the sim.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Think I'll wait a bit. Can't see any of those fixes affecting my current P3D experience.

And with this windy weather in the UK I NEED ASN :D

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Think I'll wait a bit. Can't see any of those fixes affecting my current P3D experience.

And with this windy weather in the UK I NEED ASN :D

Lol to right, tonight from EGNX to EGPK a 32 kt cross wind, was fun :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This is a nice update - anyone on the fence you should load this - much better - now if we can get better AA on aircraft externals and a tad sharper distant terrain it would be excellent

Rich Sennett

tonight from EGNX to EGPK a 32 kt cross wind

ooow, have to try that ... like those challenges.

Cheers, Rob.

I don't expect that it will take too long before a patch is released.

Agree, HiFi, Virtuali, Orbx, Pete's FSUIPC, others have been very quick to get updates out.  On my main PC I haven't installed 12945 yet ... on my test PC 12945 is working well.

Cheers, Rob.

almost done............

"Hi,

It's ready. Please wait for final tests, packaging the installers.

Thanks,"