Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

P3D V2 Hotfix 2.5.12945.0.

This is confusing............ is Pete Dowson and Pete Dowson the same person. I mean the designer of FSUIPC? If so I have a hard time following some posts that, IMHO, looks like the poster is not very familiar with the product. 

Jack

the Swede in Spain

This is confusing............ is Pete Dowson and Pete Dowson the same person. I mean the designer of FSUIPC? If so I have a hard time following some posts that, IMHO, looks like the poster is not very familiar with the product. 

I'm pretty sure Pete Dowson (commercial member) is the FSUIPC Pete.

Nothing confusing about those posts (unless you are referring to other posts made by the same author). The  latest FSUIPC works fine with the latest P3D hotfix, it's just that the FSUIPC installer does not recognise the new P3D version number so throws out an error, which can be ignored.

Daz

How on Earth do you work that out? What are you so confused about?

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

:lol: Sorry - This is too funny. Thanks for the updates Pete - as always

should we delete shaders again with this new fix?

Would be wise considering items within ShadersHLSL folder are replaced.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Okay, checks completed. There's no difference for FSUIPC4.DLL between 12944 and 12945. I only need to make the installer recognise the new version number. That'll be in FSUIPC 4.939j which I'll release when I've checked it with the upcoming revised FSX-SE beta.

Pete

Peter you mention installer to recognize new number version - that does not effect it working correctly ? not sure - thank you 

Rich Sennett

Pete, Thank goodness for your efforts.  Between FSX-SE and P3D,  you have been a busy guy.

John

Peter you mention installer to recognize new number version - that does not effect it working correctly ? not sure - thank you 

I don't understand what isn't clear? The installer and FSUIPC4 are two different programs. The installer checks the version it is installing into and warns if it is a version it doesn't know. That doesn't affect the DLL itself. The one you probably have installed right now should be fine. You'd only use the Installer to reinstall FSUIPC for some reason, such as when it is necessary because of changes -- which, as I said, isn't the case this time..

I'll have to let folks find things out on my own Forum in future. Too many confused people here. :-( Currently I'm trying to help folks on the FSX and P3D forum, whereas the proper place for FSUIPC information is my Support Forum. Please go there for future clarifications.

Pete

Would be wise considering items within ShadersHLSL folder are replaced.

Should we delete the shaders again after install this last fix?

I don't understand 

Pete this was a new install - fresh install of P3D 2.5 and now the this latest patch no error messages all seems fine - just wanted to be sure

Rich Sennett

If so I have a hard time following some posts that, IMHO, looks like the poster is not very familiar with the product. 
 That depends on how long it's been since Pete has worked on anything in his code.  So yeah, he is the developer.

How on Earth do you work that out? What are you so confused about?

Pete
 Yeah, that's definitely him.

HiFi just released a patch update for ASN, making it compatible with P3D 2.5.12945.0.

Hope this doesn't add to the confusion! :BigGrin:

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Yeah, that's definitely him.

Ha ha! :-)

Pete