Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

P3D V2 Hotfix 2.5.12945.0.

This can't be the real Pete, we all know he's on vacation hiking Mt. Fuji and there is no cell phone coverage there.

Probably just one of his Auto bots.

Cheers, Rob.

Probably just one of his Auto bots.
 Yeah.  FSUIPC Is his bot swarm.  lol.

Should we delete the shaders again after install this last fix?

Yes

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Yes

Thanks...however will like to know why?...just curiosity...:)

Not saying it is a requirement, and most likely you will run into no problems if you don't flush Shader cache. But it doesn't hurt and can only benefit. It looks like LM updated GPUTerrain.fx and ParticleCS.fx in the root Shaders folder. Best to start your cache with a clean slate and avoid potential anomalies.

I'm no expert by any means and others with more qualifications could elaborate further on specific benefits of doing so.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Not saying it is a requirement, and most likely you will run into no problems if you don't flush Shader cache. But it doesn't hurt and can only benefit. It looks like LM updated GPUTerrain.fx and ParticleCS.fx in the root Shaders folder. Best to start your cache with a clean slate and avoid potential anomalies.

I'm no expert by any means and others with more qualifications could elaborate further on specific benefits of doing so.

rgr thank you sr ....if doesnt hurt, then why not...better star from new fresh 

regards

ASN v B5568 

OUT!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

ASN v B5568 

OUT!

Thanks for the heads up! Will now consider installing the latest "hotfix" :P

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Is it me or are textures crisper/sharper?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

- Who's Pete Dowson and what's FUSPIC?

- Should we delete the shader cache?

- Does ASN work?

- What's 3PD anyway? Is it better than FSX?

1 day late, sorry. But sometimes AVSIM threads are just downright painful to get through...

- Who's Pete Dowson and what's FUSPIC?

- Should we delete the shader cache?

- Does ASN work?

- What's 3PD anyway? Is it better than FSX?

- http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

- Yes

- Yes

- http://www.prepar3d.com/. Yes.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

IS the hotfix worth it, can someone explain to me (in normal terms) what it does exactly? 

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Is it me or are textures crisper/sharper?

Do you mean with the P3D hotfix or ASN? I know they fixed textures appearing dull if the Scenario Setup screen was used.

No I did a quick circuit and thought textures loaded really well and looked very sharp but I was in a GA and that's not normal for me.