Sign in to follow this  
Mazo

P3D V2 Hotfix 2.5.12945.0.

Talking about clouds, I'm getting again the rotating clouds problem . Any suggestion about it ?

That's interesting. The problem was caused a math error in one of the shader algorithms, which was fixed several versions and hot fixes back. Has anyone else reported this with 2.5.12945.0?

That's interesting. The problem was caused a math error in one of the shader algorithms, which was fixed several versions and hot fixes back. Has anyone else reported this with 2.5.12945.0?

Sometimes, just a few indeed.

Not noticed any rotating or popcorn clouds yet with latest hotfix. ASN + default P3D clouds here (REX4 for everything else apart from clouds!).

I'll fly somewhere with lots of cloud variety tonight and see if I can spot anything.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Talking about clouds, I'm getting again the rotating clouds problem . Any suggestion about it ?

I have noticed some rotating clouds, but only those very close to the aircraft, which need to rotate so they don't look like cardboard cut-outs as you fly past them. In the cockpit view, this is fine and you hardly notice, but they can look bad when in spot view when changing the view point.

I've noticed some rotating clouds once again, then again, I'm not sure it was ever totally eliminated. It simply more or less obvious in certain cloud situations.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Not noticed any rotating or popcorn clouds yet with latest hotfix. ASN + default P3D clouds here (REX4 for everything else apart from clouds!).

I'll fly somewhere with lots of cloud variety tonight and see if I can spot anything.

Not seen any at this point too.

André

None here either (I use Opus and REX soft clouds).

I have noticed some rotating clouds, but only those very close to the aircraft, which need to rotate so they don't look like cardboard cut-outs as you fly past them. In the cockpit view, this is fine and you hardly notice, but they can look bad when in spot view when changing the view point.

I confirm what you write but after the fix that was posted some time ago I didn't have any problem and now I got them again.

Hi,

rotating cloud as well here ! I thought the patch was included into last P3D version...

Does it mean we still have to apply the Vert. & Rotating patch again ?

Txs

I can confirm rotating clouds again as well, but what concerns me the most is the huge drop in FPS when flying in rainy weather. Maybe its related to the new ASN update, but rain really kills my performance (even in default GA!)

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I believe close clouds 'have' to rotate relative to your viewpoint otherwise the 2D bitmaps will look ridiculous as you fly past them. The only real solution is full volumetric clouds.