Sign in to follow this  
mrluca

2D View shortcuts

Dear community,

I bought the 777 a few days ago, it's an awesome plane!

The only thing that annoys me is the lack of a shortcut to the overhead panel etc., like i saw in the 737. I'd like to e.g. SHIFT-6 to get directly to the lower ovhd panel. 

I tried many things in P3D, but wasn't able to change anything :/

Thx for your help,

Fabio de Stefani

As far as I know, except for some pop-ups (radio stack, WX Radar, that kind of stuff), there are no longer any 2D panels in the 777.

The NGX was the last PMDG product to support them, so don't count on this feature being reintroduced with the 747v2 or any other future project.

Also: Full real names accompanying every forum post are a requirement here. Not abiding by that rule can (and most likely will) result in your post or thread being deleted.

As far as I know, except for some pop-ups (radio stack, WX Radar, that kind of stuff), there are no longer any 2D panels in the 777.

The NGX was the last PMDG product to support them, so don't count on this feature being reintroduced with the 747v2 or any other future project.

Also: Full real names accompanying every forum post are a requirement here. Not abiding by that rule can (and most likely will) result in your post or thread being deleted.

Hmm.. Can't i simply change these shortcuts? 

If you are in VC display and press A four times, you are able to get to the 2D OVHD panel, but that's annoying :/

Ok sorry, edited ^^

Well, no. What you're seeing then isn't a 2D panel, it's a different camera angle within the virtual cockpit. I'm not sure whether those can be bound to keys, without adding a 3rd party program like EZDOK.

Like I said, every post needs to be signed. Sorry to be pressing on this so hard, but otherwise your posts might "disappear". The easiest way to do this, is to add your name to your signature. You can edit that one via the profile settings in the top right of the forum. (when clicking on your username)

Well, no. What you're seeing then isn't a 2D panel.

That's true, but getting to the heart of the OP's question;  it's not actually about 2D panels, it's about intuitive shortcuts to the VC views (on the 'A' key) that you refer to.

I was also wondering recently whether it was possible to have key shortcuts that relate to each custom VC view.

That's why I mentioned EZDOK, Craig. I'm not sure whether it works with P3D or not, since I don't use it myself. Even though it's a 3rd party add-on, and yet another expense, it does add quite a lot to the sim.

it's about intuitive shortcuts to the VC views (on the 'A' key) that you refer to.

Exactly what i meant, thx :)

So there is no possibility to set it in P3D or the 777 itself? Maybe in a config file, idk where the presets are saved ^^