Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

Don't upgrade to Windows 10 yet.

I did a test last night. With the current nvidia drivers, I cannot enable HDR  and fullscreen in Xplane 10 under Windows 10. I am uncertain if this is related to the nvidia drivers or x-plane 10 requires some code change under DirectX 12.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I am uncertain if this is related to the nvidia drivers or x-plane 10 requires some code change under DirectX 12.

I was under the impression that X-Plane 10 runs under OpenGL and not DX

XPlane 10 uses OpenGL not DX.

Windows 10 is still preview, it's not a full product.  Microsoft are pushing the release for later this year ... 

Cheers, Rob.

XPlane 10 uses OpenGL not DX.

Windows 10 is still preview, it's not a full product.  Microsoft are pushing the release for later this year ... 

Cheers, Rob.

Still doesn't work  under Windows 10 with the latest Microsoft/Nvidia drivers.. Thanks for stating the obvious Rob :-)

Have you updated your drivers to the Windows 10 version 349.90? You have to right click your display adaptor under device manager, and click update driver, which will install then.

Present NVidia drivers you can download as standalones are only for Windows 8.1 and older.

OK I will try that tonight.

Windows 10 is still preview, it's not a full product.

Plus it is probably still full of debug code.

I tried it out a couple of weeks back and quickly rolled back to W764 which it did very cleanly.

If the DX12 is as good as reports show then I will run my Sim partition on it for certain, but I could not look at that interface all day as my main OS, it looks like it was designed by a bunch of over-active school kids armed with a box of crayons.

LOL, I agree there Glynn, dreadful icons :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

it looks like it was designed by a bunch of over-active school kids armed with a box of crayons.

Yeah it's still got the cray-o-la look ... again good for processing handicapped phones and mobile devices, but the desktop deserves a better user interface IMHO.  Microsoft is still trying to keep the "one OS for all" look and feel which is a shame (lesson not learned).  

I still have high hopes for Win10, but just have to wait and see ... if Microsoft still use the same market research group they used for Win 8.1 for UI feedback, then will be stuck with a slightly modified Windows 8.1.  As I understand it from my contacts in Microsoft, Win8.x UI was born out of a very narrowed scope of users (executives, small business owners) feedback, basically people that use mobile devices most of the time with infrequent use of a desktop device ... so Microsoft had a VERY skewed perspective.

Cheers, Rob.

what happened to 9? :rolleyes:

been using windows 10 with p3d and xplane through each build, i have not had any issues at all, you shouldnt jump to conclusions, just because it doesnt work for you.

eventually windows 7 will be the next xp and support being gone.

Does it work better than 7?

i would say yes, but its clearly a pain in the rearend to reinstall everything for each new windows build, so i started jumping to every other one, the nvidia 349.90 drivers people say are buggy, but i havent had any issues, but as mentioned about it runs about the same on windows 10 as windows 8.1 without the disconnect issue.both my laptop and desktop is on 10 now.

Hmmm... I'll be forced to upgrade in what? 2020? Is that the date when Win 7 won't have any more support?

Alexander Colka

whatever, windows 7 is aged ,2020, 5 years,stay with it as long as you want, i could care less, windows 10 is the future, and directx 12 is very promising, how many updates do you install with windows 7 now? 200 or so.