Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

To FSX Users on the Fence................FS98

I just upgraded to ASN SP2 and I'm only getting 500 Fps with 72 layers of clouds and 250mi visibility. I used to get 900 Fps.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Once you update to SP2B you'll get those extra FPS back. But watch out because the latest Nvidia driver causes problems so you might want to go back to your Hercules video card.

I just upgraded to ASN SP2 and I'm only getting 500 Fps with 72 layers of clouds and 250mi visibility. I used to get 900 Fps.

Time to upgrade to a Cray supercomputer.  Otherwise you just won't have the full immersion experience.  I understand that FS98 runs pretty well on it with all sliders maxed out.  Of course you will need a second Cray computer to run ASN networked.

Mike

Edit: As Jim suggested, how could you be so careless as not to have ASN SP2B!  But you should pick up a couple of Crays just to be on the safe side.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Once you update to SP2B you'll get those extra FPS back. But watch out because the latest Nvidia driver causes problems so you might want to go back to your Hercules video card.

Im staying away from the new driver. I hear it breaks lights and I'm afraid of losing my purple sky.

Time to upgrade to a Cray supercomputer.  Otherwise you just won't have the full immersion experience.  I understand that FS98 runs pretty well on it with all sliders maxed out.  Of course you will need a second Cray computer to run ASN networked.

Mike

Edit: As Jim suggested, how could you be so careless as not to have ASN SP2B!  But you should pick up a couple of Crays just to be on the safe side.

I just ordered 3...one extra to be on the safe side. Might use it to play Space Quest.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Devin,

Just go back to Flight Unlimited 1 and quit being so serious, OK?

Personally, I wouldn't pass up running FS98 on a Cray computer.  It should be able to run at a sim rate of 2,000,496,512.  So even with a Sopwith Camel (properly equipped with weather radar of course) you can cross the Atlantic in approximately .0003527 seconds.  No need for a Concorde.

Isn't Flight Unlimited 1 a little out of date?  And what about those initials?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Devin,

Jim...this is a serious hobby. My virtual passengers' lives are on the line....and my OCD can't take anymore of these anomalies.

My upper winds are 2 degrees and 3 knots off what NOAA said it should be...which means my flight to Timbuktu will be 7 seconds off. And the fuel burn...huh! Unacceptable. In the real world, everything is absolutely predictable and exact...why isn't it in FS98????

I refuse to go back to FU1. I've invested 23 quadrillion dollars in CRAY computers, video cards, add ons, software to free up memory, software to create virtual memory, software that promised me pink elephants and pixie sticks...just for FS98.

I'm grumpy and mad...and it's all your fault.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

And what about those initials?

Those want to be used by some others like the BYOB, anti MYOB folks.

Isn't Flight Unlimited 1 a little out of date?

Just a little bit older than the FSX I am on the fence about.

Sorry Devin but you will just need to spend a measly $5 and get the Water Vapor Edition of FS98. Those winds might be fixed, and now you'll be able to fly with your other OCD friends online. And as a bonus your FPS will double, I have a TubeYou video to prove it once again.

No, I will not send you the money because I need it to BYOB.

So even with a Sopwith Camel (properly equipped with weather radar of course) you can cross the Atlantic in approximately .0003527 seconds. No need for a Concorde.

I don't like that Sopwith Camel...the window geometry is WAY off...it affects how the simulation works. Pure rubbish.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

The problem I have with the Sopwith Camel is that the length of the aircraft is out by almost a full millimetre!

so you might want to go back to your Hercules video card.

Lol, first the Hercules card then the Titan, what's next?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not sure, what this CRAY computer nonsense is all about:

I put an Affinity Mask entry of 14 into my BIOS.cfg, and now I have three instances of FS98 running simultanously simultaneusly simultanusly at the same time. Having added the CFD (Connected Flight Deck) to my setup, I am now able to simulate a flight in the default Tristar with "me, myself, and I" ("I", of course, am the Flight Enginer Engenier Enginiir the third person on the flightdeck.)

It all runs on my Sinclair Spectrum, single core, with Sandy but no bridge, 48 KB of RAM, now stop this CRAY fuss immediatly immidiately immideatily soonTM!!!   :lol:

Lol, first the Hercules card then the Titan, what's next?

Zeus.

I'm new here and I want to know if my new math coprocessor 387 will be supported like it does in my new Falcon3?

I'm new here and I want to know if my new math coprocessor 387 will be supported like it does in my new Falcon3?

Yes, but it will cut your FPS in half. Disable the co-processor and everything will return to normal. Falcon3 adds and subtracts more numbers.