Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

Upcoming Projects

Hello all. Having recently gotten back into simming, and really enjoying the 777 and NGX, I'm curious as to what's in the future? I think I read somewhere that the 747 series was being reworked. Is this still the case?

I am currently running FSXSteam, and would love to get ahold of compatable versions of these older products. After the planes I have, I am completely spoiled, and everything else pales in comparison.

Matt Bernard

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

747-400V2 with an 747-8 expansion(this time complete systems instead of only an external model :lol: ) for FSX/FSX:SE/P3D comming up, and a DC-6 for both FSX/FSX:SE/P3D and Xplane. After that nothing has been anounced as far as I know.

sig1.png
sig2.png

Yeah, pretty much what Luc said. After that maybe a -200ER expansion for the 777 and a SP2 (upgrade) for the 737NG possibly including the -900ER and BBJ models.

Just to make things clear, the old 747 will not be reworked. The 747(v2) they're making now is done from the ground up.

Has there been much talk in the way of release dates for the 747v2?  It's my second-favourite jet after the 777, and as a recent convert to the PMDG 777 I'm chomping at the bit for a 747 of the same standard :)

Cheers,

Eric Silverman

They planned it for 1.Quartal 2015 but i think because of SP1d of the NGX they are in delay

Don't forget about the Woodpigeon.

I thought the Woodpigeon was vaporware after weather radar finally came to PMDG? ^_^

Richie Walsh

PMDG aren't actually simulating the Westland Woodpigeon are they? Or was that just Kyle being amusing?

No, they are. Why would Kyle make jokes? lol

I heard a rumor that the Woodpidgeon will only be fs2004 compatible, is this true?

sig1.png
sig2.png

No, Woodpigeon release is waiting for P3Dv3.0 64b.

Dan Downs KCRP

No, Woodpigeon release is waiting for P3Dv3.0 64b.

Yep, that's what I've heard ;-p lol

Alaister Kay

My Guess for this year thru to next year:

-777 Minor Update (As per RSR)

-J41 FSX:SE and P3D

-747v2 (Please release for P3D as well!)

-DC6-XPlane

Later Next Year:

-737NGX SP2

After that, who knows?

I think the 787 will be done eventually but that would be 4 years or so away.

At that point, it could even end up being P3D and or XPlane only. Especially if P3D goes 64-bit.