Sign in to follow this  
Stearmandriver

Any interest in updated SE Alaska RNAV RNP approach procedures (including Juneau)?

1. - sure, I think I can critique your builds.

well, here ya go sir , step one, or three....you will see what i mean... I will be following this , as amended by your critique, with an NGX, FMC Approach addition

...I have enclosed the youtube links between greater/ lesser than angles to signify the link was placed between them.

>

<

....i will also copy the link to PM in hopes that if AVSIM pulls their shenanigans by deleting my link, perhaps they wont if you copied it here from the PM, in a reply.

N.B. Well once again I Avsim is screwing with me and deleted my link… Just go to my YouTube hesynergy channel and look for the latest post

regards,

chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Lol. Anyone who knows anything about RNP should equally know all about Steve Fulton and ASA's role in pioneering RNP at PAJN, the birthplace of RNP.

Edit: I am mistaken. Juneau is not the birthplace of RNP. I could've sworn Fulton stated in a video that it kicked off as a result of PAJN and it's sphincter tightening  weather. Hmmm...

Actually it was Steve Fulton and Hal Anderson who did the pioneering work for Alaskan in Juneau for RNP AR.

I had the pleasure of meeting Hal and working with Steve for a number of years when I introduced RNP AR procedures at 15 airports throughout Australia i 2006 when Steve and Hal still owned Naverus before GE got their hands on it.

Fantastic times. This AR stuff is mickey mouse and fun to work with and fly.

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

This AR stuff is mickey mouse and fun to work with and fly.

Forgive me if this is a duplicate post.

We Yanks, especially military or ex-militarily,use the term "Mickey Mouse" to denote some policy that appears unnatural, unnecessarily complicated, full of red tape, and thoroughly objectionable...surely, that is not that how are you are using the term.

click to see my development of an RNAV RNP Approach into PAPG Rwy 05

Regards to all those "down under"...a visit to you is on my bucket list

NB posting the above link using my iPad is causing Avsim to delete that link,...only the YouTube link, nothing else

... and yet when I used "Splashtop" on my iPad, to access my Windows 7 pro laptop, and placed the link using Firefox , the link stayed!

Is anybody having some queer doings posting links to Avsim's forums with their iPads?

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

On a RNP side note:

I've been playing around with RNP approaches into Canadian airports (which unlike US, some are publicly available). For giggles, I thought I'd just input the waypoint names into the FMS one day and low and behold...they appear to be in the navigraph database.

For example:

file-page1_zps9v7yjjpv.jpg

Throw any of the LWxxx waypoints in the FMS and they appear to be accurate.

Granted, you don't get the fancy specific arcs and other RNP accoutrements, but it allows you to fly a reasonable representation of an RNP approach. It is a little tedious to input each waypoint in manually to the FMS, but it will make building these approaches correctly a lot easier...one does not have to guess waypoint positions.

On a RNP side note:

I've been playing around with RNP approaches into Canadian airports (which unlike US, some are publicly available). For giggles, I thought I'd just input the waypoint names into the FMS one day and low and behold...they appear to be in the navigraph database.

For example:

file-page1_zps9v7yjjpv.jpg

Throw any of the LWxxx waypoints in the FMS and they appear to be accurate.

Granted, you don't get the fancy specific arcs and other RNP accoutrements, but it allows you to fly a reasonable representation of an RNP approach. It is a little tedious to input each waypoint in manually to the FMS, but it will make building these approaches correctly a lot easier...one does not have to guess waypoint positions.

NZQN is very similar and wonderful to fly... :mellow:

Oh there are quite a few public RNAV RNP approaches in the US as well... KPSP comes to mind as one example. It's just that these specific ones this thread started off discussing are not public.

Andrew Crowley

Have ya tried throwing in some of your company's waypoints in the NGX SD? Just curious.

Have ya tried throwing in some of your company's waypoints in the NGX SD? Just curious.

Sorry, what us the "SD"?

Yep, that's always the first thing I try... throw all the waypoints in the Nav Data page and see which ones already exist. Most don't but some do, even though they don't seem to be part of an existing airway or used for anything else so I assume they were created for the approach. Actually I can think of two that I know for sure were created by the company for our procedures, since taken together they spell the name of one of our pioneers of this stuff. My guess is (and it's totally a guess so feel free to correct me), Navigraph must scrape some FAA database of nav data, and some of the points on these custom approaches must be in there. They tend to be things like IAFs, missed approach holding fixes etc. so I guess it makes sense - ATC would need to know where these points are at. Others though are randomly in the middle of a procedure and have no other purpose other than defining a portion of the approach, so... your guess is as good as mine!

Andrew Crowley

Greetings,

I would very much love to have a copy of the Alaskan approaches you fellows have when the time comes if you release them. Many thanks,

Dave

Forgive me if this is a duplicate post.

We Yanks, especially military or ex-militarily,use the term "Mickey Mouse" to denote some policy that appears unnatural, unnecessarily complicated, full of red tape, and thoroughly objectionable...surely, that is not that how are you are using the term.

Chas I thought this might cause you guys "up there" an issue

What I mean by that is - great , fantastic, the best thing since sliced bread, or as smart as paint.

In short RNP AR is one the most interesting things I have ever dealt with.

Hope this clears that point up?

BTW how are the English lessons coming along for all you "up there"  :lol:

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

In short RNP AR is one the most interesting things I have ever dealt with.

I agree ! Thanks to SD for introducing RNP RNAV procedures to me!

Now that my T-Duke's GTN 750 recorded all the waypoints for my shortcut into PAPG, using that data, I'm going to create the approach in my \PMDG\SIDS-Stars\PAPG.txt file for my NGX FMC's reading pleasure....and fly it(the short route)or scrape the hillside tomorrow .

Film at 11.

Chas

Now that my T-Duke's GTN 750 recorded all the waypoints for my shortcut into PAPG, using that data, I'm going to create the approach in my \PMDG\SIDS-Stars\PAPG.txt file for my NGX FMC's reading pleasure....and fly it(the short route)or scrape the hillside tomorrow .

Film at 11.

Chas

...but there won't be any film at11 cause I am stumped!!!

vmGLY4s.jpg

Totally stumped....would some kind soul take a look at the above pix and plug this into your NGX's PAPG.TXT

//PAPG (JOHNSON PETERSBURG)

//Worldwide Navaid Database for PMDG

//Exported via DFD v1.0 14.1025

//Software copyright © 2014 Richard Stefan, NAVData-Service

//Support available via forum at http://forum.navigraph.com

//

//Data provided by Navigraph - www.navigraph.com

//Source data copyright © 2014 Jeppesen

//This data may be used for ground based recreational computer game

//simulation software only, and may not be recompiled, interpreted,

//or distributed for any purpose without the written consent of Navigraph.

//The contents of this database is dated and must not be used for real

//world navigation as it is unlawful and unsafe to do so.

//

//------------------------------------------------------

//AIRAC Cycle : 1412 (13/NOV/2014 - 10/DEC/2014) - Ver.1

// chasNav

//------------------------------------------------------

FIXES

FIX JERDU LATLON N 57 9.59034 W 132 52.10802

FIX P0000 LATLON N 57 10.026942 W 133 13.122346

FIX WUBDO LATLON N 57 6.31332 W 133 37.13586

FIX ZARUT LATLON N 57 3.01584 W 133 47.79186

FIX PAJN5 COLOCATED SSR 042.4 23.6

//FIX PAJN6 COLOCATED SSR 047.6 18.6

//FIX PAJN7S COLOCATED SSR 085.3 28.9

FIX PAPGD COLOCATED LVD 325.7 19.4

FIX PAPGD1 COLOCATED LVD 341.3 19.5

FIX PAPGE COLOCATED LVD 346.1 19.4

FIX PAPG1A COLOCATED LVD 324.2 33.9

FIX PAPG1B COLOCATED LVD 323.7 17.3

FIX PAPG1C COLOCATED LVD 328.2 15.4

FIX PAPG2 COLOCATED LVD 333.8 14.6

FIX PAPG3 COLOCATED LVD 340.8 14.0

FIX PAPG3A COLOCATED LVD 347.3 13.2

FIX PAPG3B COLOCATED LVD 352.3 14.4

FIX PAPG3C COLOCATED LVD 355.6 14.8

FIX PAPG3D COLOCATED LVD 356.8 16.2

FIX PAPG4 COLOCATED LVD 351.3 17.6

FIX PAPG5 COLOCATED LVD 348.2 18.9

FIX PAPG6 COLOCATED LVD 347.4 19.3

FIX PAPG7 COLOCATED LVD 348.8 19.8

ENDFIXES

RNWS

RNW 05

RNW 23

ENDRNWS

SIDS

SID PTRSG1

RNW 05 TRK 050 UNTIL 520 HDG 300 INTERCEPT RADIAL 344 TO FIX JERDU FIX JERDU FIX P0000 FIX WUBDO FIX ZARUT

RNW 23 TRK 230 UNTIL 520 HDG 230 VECTORS

ENDSIDS

APPROACHES

APPROACH RNAV05L FIX PAPG1A FIX PAPG1B FIX PAPG1C FIX PAPG2 FIX PAPG3 FIX PAPG3A FIX PAPG3B FIX PAPG3C FIX PAPG3D FIX PAPG4 FIX PAPG5 FIX PAPG6 FIX PAPG7

APPROACH RNAV05S FIX PAPG1A FIX PAPGD FIX PAPGD1 FIX PAPGE FIX PAPG7

ENDAPPROACHES

END OF PAPG.TXT

One thing...that may account for the error......text editor, P3d, and several things were open...and NVIDIA install BSOD'd me while auto installing....messed up indices all over?

Thanks,and have a wonderful day!

Chas (Ipd)

Be bigger than yourself!

Keep your eyes on the stars,

Your feet on the ground...

Sending healing vibes your way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please visit www.katrinasangels.org

and tell me what dumb&ss mistake I made?

I'm out of answers...

Thanks,

Chas

I'm doing SEA-KTN-WRG-PSG-JNU tomorrow. I think it'll be nice weather, so we might do some of it VFR. :)

I know you guys like the RNP, but there's nothing quite like WRG-PSG VFR in the summer.

Matt Cee