Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

VRS F/A-18E and its tacpack has been release for P3D academic

well to be honest, I also had it, being a cashcow,

That is exactly where I am at the moment, only new products from now on for my P3D.

I bought the P3D NGX but that's it for now.

And I will also not pay more for a P3D academic version than I can buy it for FSX.

Show me P3D specific features and I might just spring for it, but if it is a straight port then forget it enough is enough.

I would have thought they could market their product for the Academic and Professional versions, and save the commercial version for the Professional Plus crowd who may want something in addition to what Lockheed is providing. Maybe VRS has something to do with the Professional Plus version already?

It's possible, but the guys from VRS have posted before that they have looked over the P3d Pro Plus version and even though it shares some features in common with TacPack, other parts of it are coded differently. They made it sound like they were on the outside looking in and they certainly could have figured that out by buying a 1 month subscription to the P3d Pro Plus version just to see how it worked. I think that it's more likely that LM took the concepts embedded in TacPack and made something similar for their Pro Plus version.

You could be right though. It's not like LM isn't using the non-TacPack version of Dino C.'s F-35A as a default aircraft, so nothing would surprise me.

So my question is,  will the VRS+TacPac install into the Pro version or only into the academic version of P3D2? Am a P3D2 Pro user but using it in a non commercial way.

Hard times these days concerning EULA things  :unsure:  :blink:

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

So my question is,  will the VRS+TacPac install into the Pro version or only into the academic version of P3D2? Am a P3D2 Pro user but using it in a non commercial way.

I'm wondering this also. Their website explicitly states that it will only work with the academic, but I don't know if I should take this as "you're not allowed to install it in pro" or if the installer just won't let you install it in the pro version. Aren't the versions identical anyways? How can the installer tell which version you are using if the files are 100% the same?

I have the FSX version of the F18, and I would have bought this straight away (nice that VRS did the decent thing and offered a discount to existing owners)...

... if it wasn't for the fact that it requires the TacPack, which I don't want.  Very frustrating.  I don't understand why they didn't release a version that doesn't require the TacPack, that just gives you what the FSX one does.

Oh well.

I have the FSX version of the F18, and I would have bought this straight away (nice that VRS did the decent thing and offered a discount to existing owners)...

... if it wasn't for the fact that it requires the TacPack, which I don't want.  Very frustrating.  I don't understand why they didn't release a version that doesn't require the TacPack, that just gives you what the FSX one does.

Oh well.

The discounted price of approx $80 now (down from full price $110) was the full price for the FSX product (Bug +T Pack).

So actually paying full price for the same product again to get it into P3D ....and a premium price 30 days from now ($110 I think it is).

I do not like the forced purchase of T-Pack ... the products are sold separately but we have to purchase both?

I may have to give this one a pass.

Edit:

Last year I also had to pay for a VRS TacPack FSX 1year download extension ($5.95 + $5.95 = $11.90).

At the time of original purchase (for FSX product) I cannot recall seeing the ... annual product download fee .. or what ever it is.

So, there could be extended costs later for the P3D product also ...??

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Performance???

Hello,I had the FS9 and FSX versions of The VRS SuperHornet and loved them,I had FSX TacPac pre-ordered a few yrs ago but never installed because my FSX died while waiting for release.

Can anyone who has The VRS Bug + TacPac comment on Performance?

Thank You.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

These are my thoughts exactly. I'd willingly pay to upgrade the aircraft, but don't want the tacpack so i won't be purchasing this. I'm sure they have their reasons, but they've lost my sale as a result.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Performance???

Hello,I had the FS9 and FSX versions of The VRS SuperHornet and loved them,I had FSX TacPac pre-ordered a few yrs ago but never installed because my FSX died while waiting for release.

Can anyone who has The VRS Bug + TacPac comment on Performance?

Thank

Performance is superb ! On my 4K display i get >50fps with the default P3D settings (apart from fps unlimited). Hard to exactly compare but I think its better than on my FSX.

Great!!! Thank You fulcrum.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I'm wondering this also. Their website explicitly states that it will only work with the academic, but I don't know if I should take this as "you're not allowed to install it in pro" or if the installer just won't let you install it in the pro version. Aren't the versions identical anyways? How can the installer tell which version you are using if the files are 100% the same?

It's easy as pie to tell which program is running. All the VRS has to do is check that and abort load. This is assuming that it would even INTALL in the other version. I'm betting it won't install much less run.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Also will not purchase if the TacPack is mandatory.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

The price is one problem, but not the most important for me  !

For those wich have p3d pro, and can use the f22 raptor of isis, I don't understand why we cannot use Superbug for less of 100 $ !

I've asked in VRS 's forum...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Performance for me is a little better than with the FSX-SE version, but my IQ settings in P3d are much higher than can be achieved in FSX-SE DX9. Keep in mind that I have never run the Bug in DX10 with FSX since the FLIR didn't work.

Hard times these days concerning EULA things  :unsure:  :blink:

It's not a EULA thing. It's like I said in a previous post that I made in this thread. VRS has a commercial version that runs with P3d Pro and costs thousands of dollars. It is essentially an equivalent app to LM's P3d Pro Plus. That's the business model that VRS chose for its product.

I don't understand why we cannot use Superbug for less of 100 $ !

You do realize that you can just purchase the TacPack for $50 US and then download some terrific TacPack-enabled aircraft by Dino Cattaneo for free, right?

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

Dino is the author of the non-TacPack F-35 that is one of the default aircraft in P3d 2.5

VRS cannot tell if the end user is using P3D Pro for commercial purposes. You cant exactly expect them to take your word for it. So if you want to run on Pro you have to pay a Pro price. If you want to run on academic you will get the academic price. No commercial user would want the watermark.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion