Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

weather radar PMDG 737NGX

Hi guys,

I saw on PMDG website that the PMDG 737 NGX base pack includes now within the features a "weather radar". I downloaded again the product, but still there is no weather radar as in PMDG 777. Is this working at the moment?

Thanks for any info!

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a109/weather-radar-troubleshooting.aspx

This is  a good place  to go first

Have you actually turned on the wxr radar at all

Are you flying in rain since  the radar  only  picks up  if  your flying  in rain etc

Did  you use the repair option when you downloaded  the latest version from your account if  you did   than try doing  the  uninstall / reinstall  if  the first 2  choices I suggested  fails

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You know that, in order for the WX RDR to work, you have to use Active Sky Next by HiFi Technologies, Inc.?

Considering  that it works for him in the t7  I dare say he has gotten  asn installed :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Considering  that it works for him in the t7  I dare say he has gotten  asn installed

:smile:  :Whistle:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a109/weather-radar-troubleshooting.aspx

This is  a good place  to go first

Have you actually turned on the wxr radar at all

Are you flying in rain since  the radar  only  picks up  if  your flying  in rain etc

Did  you use the repair option when you downloaded  the latest version from your account if  you did   than try doing  the  uninstall / reinstall  if  the first 2  choices I suggested  fails

Pete, yes i did the repair option for the PMDG 737, then tried it with rain and i have nothing. PMDG 777 works perfect, my issue is just the 737. I have not tried uninstalling the whole program (I wanted to avoid this just because I might end up reconfiguring issues such as Ezdok. Did it you have to uninstalled the PMDG 737?

Pete, yes i did the repair option for the PMDG 737, then tried it with rain and i have nothing. PMDG 777 works perfect, my issue is just the 737

If  the repair option failed  than  you have no choice  but  to do  the uninstall/ reinstall option  since  the repair  option  didn't  work for me either.   I havnt  got  ezdok which iam afraid  your  going to have  to reconfigure  unless some else  who has it  had  did the reinstall option can help you.  Or  if  you don't  want  the radar  on your  ngx  than you just keep what you have  got  and don't  do anything

Peter kelberg

Dear fans,

How can I get the WXR to work in FSX? I just downloaded the update at Aerosoft for my box version.

It seems I do not have an update for the 600/700 yet?

The WXR is still greyed out! Do I have to reinstall the add-on completely?

I want it so badly I am crying :cray:

Regards,

Peter

I just installed the box update. Radar works well for me

Where did you download the box update?

In my opinion the Box Updates should also be available through the OP center of PMDG. To my dismay the Aerosoft 24march update is not the SP1d update.

The boxed version customers are always discriminated. Not fair to say the least.

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

ok, I installed it on top of boxed. I will correct that.

But one question still. How does this affect the 600/700 expansions?

We still do not have the update for the expension, is that correct?

Thanks for your reply.

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

The 600/600 simply uses the 800 cockpit, which is aliased in the 600/700 cockpits.

So no need to update, since they are updated along the 800.

Finn Jacobsen

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Gents,

Ensure you're using the latest version of ALL of the products. If people use mixed versions, it's going to make it nearly impossible to provide support.

If someone is trying to use the weather radar in the 600/700 and it's not working because they're on the older version, chances are we're going to waste a lot of time before the person says "you know, I didn't actually update my 600/700 - I just installed over the updated 800/900."

Please - update everything. It'll save everyone a lot of trouble.

Kyle Rodgers

May have overlooked the answer but my question is, do I need to install Active Sky Next into PMDG 737 NGX latest version to get radar functionality? It acts like it's on but no weather showing when raining/storms.

William Tribble