Sign in to follow this  
Morvious

P3D - NGX FMC/CDU times not matching

Hi all,

I have an issue with the NGX that the FMC/CDU times do not match the zulu time showing on the clock.

The clock Zulu time is displaying 00:40 but the time on the PROG page is showing 0559.1z for the next waypoint, which is just 110nM away. When I cross a waypoint the time of this last waypoint changes to the correct Z time on the PROG page.

Is there a way to sync the CDU clock? What can cause this behavior?

Thanks

Are the estimated waypoint times correct on your ND?

.. that is what I use and it is ok on last test.

I have not checked the progress page yet ... will on nest flight.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

The ND estimated times are the same as the PROG page, never in sync with the clock (selected on Zulu time).

This is a KDTW DEP showing what I see for next waypoint estimated time:

NDzulu_zpszekjmobi.jpg

PMDG737ngx (FSX)  with 1.10.6461 update.

Best Regards,

Why are you flying at 7000 ft? Have you entered enroute winds?

I have found that the fix ETA's are pretty close in all cases except where winds are different from forecast, obviously.

Dan Downs KCRP

"Why are you flying at 7000 ft? Have you entered enroute winds?"

I am just departing KDTW ... testing a SID No winds set on this quick test   ... clear sky selected ..  enjoying the view ... playing with the buttons ...

Best Regards,

Thanks for the replies.

I also expected to see what you see but here is a screenshot from my sim:

2Ygrmjo.png

It almost looks like the ND is showing the time it takes to reach the waypoint instead of the actual ETA. But in the current flight I am doing it is 14:29Z, ND is showing next waypoint @0654.1Z with 34nM to go  :huh: .

I also did a reinstall with the latest patch without luck.

Maybe select ND Data .. so the time for each waypoint on the ND shows up .. see what the times look like ....

What is your location name and Z time/local time , MSFS time Z , MSFS time local, PMDG clock (displayed) time?

Best Regards,

Maybe select ND Data .. so the time for each waypoint on the ND shows up .. see what the times look like ....

What is your location name and Z time/local time , MSFS time Z , MSFS time local, PMDG clock (displayed) time?

This was inbound KSFO. PMDG clock displays the Z time 16:41, which was not real time. At the point of the screenshot it was 08:41 local time (KSFO is -7 hours from UTC).

On the init page at startup the CDU time shows the correct time though (In sync with the clock). It fails on me after setting up the aircraft for departure it seems.

Ok I did find the point where it all goes wrong.

On the PERF INIT page, as soon as I fill in CRZ / WIND and ISA DEV figures the time on the ND changes.

I will leave them blank.

Thanks for the help.

Whoa! You discovered that the FMS takes windage into account when calculating times. The wind value from the PERF page simply populates all cruise segments with that value, it is up to you to go to the LEGS page and update wind enroute for each segment or at least for segments where forecast winds vary from the first segment.

As I mentioned, I have found that the ETAs have been pretty close (+/- 1m).

Dan Downs KCRP

Whoa! You discovered that the FMS takes windage into account when calculating times. The wind value from the PERF page simply populates all cruise segments with that value, it is up to you to go to the LEGS page and update wind enroute for each segment or at least for segments where forecast winds vary from the first segment.

As I mentioned, I have found that the ETAs have been pretty close (+/- 1m).

Whoa?

With an average wind on the perf page the ETA times should not be that different on these small legs. Its not even close on my sim.

As I said, what happends on my sim is not what supposed to happen but I can live with the solution of not filling in any winds / temps and have a correct ETA.

Did a test just now with PMDGNGX-600 and Active Sky next :
Set CRZ wind/OAT Dev etc on Perf INIT page to check route waypoint Zulu times.

Did many screenshots if needed (if you want to see the data entry steps  e.g. I will put on a short video) but these two will show some details for you to compare.

PMDG-crzwindtempdev-wp-times_zpsitsvevic

PMDG-Progpg_zps01ibaj1f.jpg

Best Regards,

I also thought I had this problem with the NGX in FSX during the CDU pre flight...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KUIxHP61jc&feature=youtu.be

at 58 seconds in the video, I compare the FMC time to the CAPTs Clock. *They were discrepant. Waypoint ETA's were ok but. I'm not sure why your waypoint ETA's were discrepant.

Brian Nellis

*After reading the FCOM I discovered that the clock can display MANual time and UTC time. I selected it to read UTC and carried on with the CDU pre flight.

Brian Nellis