Sign in to follow this  
klamal

UTX EU v2 vs FTX Vector - final verdict for VAS?

Hello,

The title says it all.  I've done several searches trying to find a definitive answer to this but still am not quite sure.  I have Vector now but really do 99% of my flying in EU so I'm thinking about getting UTX EU v2.  I know at the very least it is probably more accurate due to its use of commercial data.  But, my biggest thing I'm looking to gain here is VAS.  Some reports I've seen is that Vector uses 800M.  I haven't tried disabling it yet myself to verify that number but that seems like a lot!  Numbers I've seen for UTX EU are around 400M.  That's quite a savings if it's true.

Anyway, can anyone help out with their results?

Thanks!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hello,

The title says it all. 

Do yourself a favor get it and if you dont like it you have 30 days to return it no questions asked but I dont think you will return it - I have USA version and its great not seeing any fps hits unless I start to really crank up the amount of lightd displayed - but keep in mind they are working on new versions with a lot more a additions for both USA and Europe as they do not work in latest version of P3D 2.5 - been a long wait for me - the lights and the ability to change a bunch of settings is nice and they look great - this being said if you are on 2.5 you will have to wait at least another week to try it

Rich Sennett

but keep in mind they are working on new versions with a lot more a additions for both USA and Europe as they do not work in latest version of P3D 2.5

Really?  EU v2 is not working yet in P3D 2.5?  I thought that one was but just not the USA yet?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Really?  EU v2 is not working yet in P3D 2.5?  I thought that one was but just not the USA yet?

I would double check - it does say 2.5 ready so maybe you are ok - if thats true go for it - if you want some help setting up the lights let me know as they will not be that evident until you use the light configuring tool - like color choice and amount and on what roads - there's a lot to it but when tweaked its grand

Rich Sennett

I would double check - it does say 2.5 ready so maybe you are ok - if thats true go for it - if you want some help setting up the lights let me know as they will not be that evident until you use the light configuring tool - like color choice and amount and on what roads - there's a lot to it but when tweaked its grand

Thanks!  I appreciate that.  Did you notice or do you have any numbers though on VAS usage vs Vector?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Thanks!  I appreciate that.  Did you notice or do you have any numbers though on VAS usage vs Vector?

Kevin I did notice a slow down with vector and none with UTX V2 - vector is a fine product but I favor UTX - especially when it comes to the light options - check out this thread as there ar some issues in 2.5 but near the bottom there is a link for a lighting fix but search more to see if thats the only issue as they are working on an updated Euro version

http://www.simforums.com/forums/p3d-utx-20-europe-night-lights_topic51892.html

Rich Sennett

http://www.simforums.com/forums/utx-europe-v20-vas-usage-test_topic51828.html

UT uses less than vector by my comparison.

UT EU is 2.5 compatible - I'm running it with no issues.  I find it more accurate as well.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

UT EU is 2.5 compatible - I'm running it with no issues.  I find it more accurate as well.

Thanks Vic - there is a light fix in that link I posted but just posted the question to Allen to make sure because Europe is getting a new installer also

Rich Sennett

I'm wondering how to deal with other regions that do not have UT modules. Is FTX Vector customizable, so I would be able to turn off USA/Europe and leave the rest of the world ON?

I'm wondering how to deal with other regions that do not have UT modules. Is FTX Vector customizable, so I would be able to turn off USA/Europe and leave the rest of the world ON?

You can turn off vector in your scenery library but why there is isint world wide vector other than FTX and UTX payware programs for specific regions that I know of

Rich Sennett

Is FTX Vector customizable, so I would be able to turn off USA/Europe and leave the rest of the world ON?

As far as I know, it's all or nothing.  You can't turn on/off by region.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

As far as I know, it's all or nothing.  You can't turn on/off by reg

Wrong vector can be shut off in scenery library thats for sure its listed and can be shut down - as far as being out of a payware region there is no vector at all hence you do not have to shut off anything

Rich Sennett