Sign in to follow this  

Reagan Dedication Video

Thank you, a fitting tribute to a great Man.

Guest RobA

Todd, Thanks for the video. I watched the funeral till the end and also shed a few tears. Best, Rob

Guest SoarPics

Thanks Todd. Nice expression of your feelings for the man.One of our local stations here outdid the national networks this morning when they showed the airplane departing Andrews for the west coast. They showed the footage with Ray Charles' rendition of "America the Beautiful". Seemed the perfect tribute with the song sung by the one who did it best to the man who loved his country and countryman, and indeed all freedom loving people everywhere, as much as Ronald Reagan did.Greg

ummmm, he's dead, goodbye - hardly MSFS

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

"ummmm, he's dead, goodbye - hardly MSFS"Kinda cold, aren't ya?Since youre so focused on being perfectly on subject, in case you havent noticed, the video was created with Flight Sim, which would be of interest for many people to see...But hey I wont waste any more of your precious time... no point in wasting a couple minutes to remember the man who just might have saved the world from nuclear war, right? naaah.... what a waste to silently thank the guy that was a major factor in bringing down the Berlin Wall, dont you think? Thats just two things that would be a big waste to be thankful for... lets just not care and be so uptight about staying perfectly on subject... I'd bet you a whole lot that if it were'nt for him, there would be no MSFS.Nah, you know what? I think I'm gonna be thankful for those things, even though, being only 21 years old, I didnt personally experience his presidency. The flood of documentaries about Reagan has taught me more about him than I've ever known... and you know what? I'm sorry that you have such a "so what" attitude about it. Yes, I'll admit, sometimes all the pomp and celebration seems too much and overdone... but then I think about what kind of man he was and what he has done for us... and suddenly its not overdone anymore... suddenly it seems just right. I think you owe it to several billion people to pay him a little more respect.

Well said Todd, as an 24 year old European, I couldn't agree more.I'll always cherish a childhood memory I have as a 6 year-old when he descends the stairs of Air Force One in Reykjavik. My passion for aviation dates back a long time ;-)It sounds that he was just what America needed at that time, and I believe he is needed as much today as back then, to cheer-up the nation! God bless.

>The flood of documentaries about Reagan has taught me more about >him than I've ever knownThey only show the niceties - I lived through his presidency, although not in the US thank god - allow me the hindsight of being there. Now lets get back to flying

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Maybe you should have lived in the USSR in the 1970s or in North Korea today.Maybe then you'd understand what Reagan and his policies prevented the entire world from becoming...