Sign in to follow this  
andresico

C402 gps problem

I have GPS issues after upgrading from 1.5 to 1.7

I cant get the terrain funcion to work.

In vers. 1.5, I was taught to scroll 3 pages to the right and push enter to get terrain, Then I could scroll back to the default page again and have terrain.  but it doesnt work in 1.7 (for me at least) It counts for both in vc-gps and the popup gps.

The upgrade fixed the ASI issue and now it shows knots on a knots display. Thats nice, but the issue of the GPS is clearly a "downgrade" for me. 

I´m not a GPS freak. I like vor/adf navigation and use the gps as a backup. The C402 was a very good platform for this, but now its not that good anymore and if I dont find a solution, i will most probably stop using it.

So, if anyone has a solution or at least a comment, I´ll be thankfull.

I'll get Mark on the horn, and see if we can investigate this issue.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

ok, would it be best to contact Flysimware directly?

Myself and Mark are Flysimware. So you're contacting us directly already :)

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Hello I just tested it here by 1.7 it works fine, if I use the right outer button 3 times to the right and hit enter. Thanks diden´t know about that, iritated me a bit as I also like the version with color sometimes.. so thanks, but sorry as it does not help you that it works here.. :blush: 

And today, both the panel and the pop-up gps had terrain funcion. I hope it will continue like that

I havent changed anything, so I wonder if you guys are sending possitive vibrations to my flight sim PC.  :rolleyes:

I´ve just finished a 1500 NM miles rally in Columbia, doing vor/adf navigation and using the gps as a backup and the Flysimware C402 is a perfect platform for that. Its very stable and speeds are easily controlled, even in 13000+ feet climbs. Its easy, yet fun to fly, the views are excellent. the radios are easy to fiddle with even in turbulense and in a whole it was a very good choice to use this AC for the rally.

I fly very few AC. I prefer to find something I like and then learn to control it well. these days I fly  PMDG, an A2A, an Aerosoft and the C402. 

Now the C402 is going to be moved back to the Carribean Islands and continue flying passengers around the small islands there.

Well done guys.