Sign in to follow this  
Guest captandy

F1 ATR72-500 FMC ????

Guest captandy

I for some reason can not get the FMC to work correctly in this a/c.I have the LDS767,PMDG737,FT PIC-ERJ and have no issues with those.My problem is when I either enter or import a FP and select the Departing RWY the RNV distance always keeps to that RWY and when I t/o towards the next wayoint it still has the RWY higlighted in the LEGS page of the FMC and shows the distance from in the RNV.I also have theses weird A characters on some of the LSK and RSK selections, and in addition some garbage waypoints some in the thousand of miles in the route discontiuity page.Example: KLGA to KPVDDepating RWY 31HVNARENEPVDI cannot select or it will not goto HVN off the departing RWY31 in the LEGS page.How do you activate a FP correctly so it will follow all my waypoints including the departing RWY.ThanksAndy

Guest captandy

Thanks I did in the tech forum.Andy

The weird "A" characters is a font issue easily fixed. Due a search in the ATR forum for the font name. You simply pull it out of the font folder then re-install it. Not sure about the way point issue except there maybe a step in the init procedure missed. Bob...

Guest firehawk44

Hi Andy,I would delete the Departing Runway selection or make the selection AFTER importing the FP. After importing the FP, I also had that problem as it always selected Runway 4L at JFK but ATC would direct me to 31L instead. I simply changed the Runway. Are there any entries in your Legs section indicating Rwy 31? If so you should go to the Arr/Dprt section, and select the appropriate Rwy under the Dprt page. This should correct your problem. Hope this helps a little.Jim

If I understand your comment about thousands of miles correctly, there may be duplicated uses of waypoint names around the world, somehow you have selected the wrong one, so your plane is trying to detour from its KLGA to KPVD route to Singapore and back or something becuase there happens to be a waypoint called HVN near Singapore too (I'm making this the details up, but you see what I mean!)If your enter directly into the ATR FMC, it should trap the duplicate and ask you which one you want. It shows the distance the options are away, so it should be easy - don't chose the one which says 3,600 miles!If you are importing a plan, I don't know how it handles potential duplicates, it may just pick any old one, hence you get a corrupt route.Check the Legs page before you fly and correct any obvious errors in flight distance by re-entering the waypoint manually.

ngxu_banner.png

Guest captandy

>Hi Andy,>I would delete the Departing Runway selection or make the>selection AFTER importing the FP. After importing the FP, I>also had that problem as it always selected Runway 4L at JFK>but ATC would direct me to 31L instead. I simply changed the>Runway. Are there any entries in your Legs section indicating>Rwy 31? If so you should go to the Arr/Dprt section, and>select the appropriate Rwy under the Dprt page. This should>correct your problem. Hope this helps a little.>>Jim Jim I always enter my departing rwy after my FP is entered and I get clearance from ATC.The issue is that as I approach the rwy for departure the RNV shows the distance countig down form say 0.5nm to 0 as I enter the rwy fot t/o.As I t/o the rnv starts counting up as away from rwy and does not select the next waypoint as in HVN in this case.If I look in the legs page the rwy31 is higlighted in magenta and for some odd reason I cannot force it to goto HVN.As in this trip I saw the rnv read 75nm and counting form rwy31.ThanksAndy