Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends, and a big thanks to him for creating this community.  RIP, Mr. Allensworth.

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Our condolences for Toms family and Avsim Staff.

The mark of great leader is a family and Staff who can carry on after their passing and continue their legacy.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Those are hard times. I'm not the biggest poster but I've often found many informations here, and liveries and tons of other stuffs. As well as followed a lot from PMDG which tended to get your site on its knees, but those are good times to me. He really brought us one amazing site for flight simulation and I'm sure there has been so much work behind it that we cannot even know.

I'mm really sorry, and I wanted to give all my condoleances to his family and friends.

Rest in peace tom

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

RIP Tom! 

My condolences to the Family! You will be remembered!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

RIP Tom,  I'm glad I got to meet you.

You were "one hell of a guy" and left your mark.. thanks for all you did!

Bert

so sad to hear that Tom passed away so soon,I had hoped he would have been someone who beat the odds,condolences to your family

peter

Rest In Peace, Tom.

Sad,sad news. You will be remembered.

Deepest Condolences to your loved ones.

I am in Shock. :( Even with the news weeks ago, I thought for certain, some how, some way, he would fight this like everything else, and win. :(

Tom, to you and your family, God Bless and my thoughts are with you. You have built something wonderful in AVSIM, and I promise no one will forget. WE, as a family of flight simmers, won't let them.

Safe skies my friend.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

That's terrible news.  RIP Tom and thanks for everything.  Respects and sympathy to your family.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

So sad to hear this.

My condolences to Tom's family

Russ Smith

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.