Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

Having been a member of AVSIM for as long as I can remember, much longer then my current membership indicates, w/out the efforts of those like Tom our hobby would not be where it is today. Tom was totally dedicated to AVSIM and his monumental efforts to keep this site going and our hobby growing is a real tribute to him. Thank You Tom for everything you gave us and your love of flying, You will be missed.

Vincent

Condolences to Tom's family. Tom, rest in reace and thanks for everything you did to make this hobby what it is for so many.

Barry Friedman

A truly wonderful thing Mr. Allensworth has built here, Bringing as many people together as you have is a really great thing.

Having a place like this to come to for great information on how to keep our little hobby going is another really great thing.

My sincerest condolences to the Allensworth family.

A great scientist who went by the name of Albert once stated this great fact,

"Energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only change form"

We are always around in some way or another

Rest peacefully Mr. Allensworth and Thank you so much.

Thoughts and prayers are with friends and family.. Rest in peace Tom.. Go and enjoy your future.. :-)

See you on the flipside Tom A. Thank you for all that you have done for us....! RIP...! :( 

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Very deeply saddened and the reality is really starting to sink in. I will have everyone know the board is coordinated and working together to bring more information when we learn more. Tom loved AVSIM and he loved the people in our community. The big guy is with the Angels now...

RIP and my condolences to the family.  We have our differences in this life, but death ends all sufferings.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

So sorry to hear. My family's hearts and prayers will be a little longer tonight. Bless his family and friends.

Wow shocked to see this title.  Deepest condolences to all of the Allensworth family. May they have strength and comfort in the many many things he accomplished.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

May you rest in peace Tom, thanks.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So, so sad to hear. Thanks to Tom for all he did to make flight simming what it became from a primitive start to state of the art. Thoughts and prayers to all.

Geof Applegate

I cant thank you enough for the years of pleasure your Avsim has brought me and others, your news greatly saddened me and your courage in making this public in the dignified way you have only confirms my belief that you are a remarkable man. God Bless You.

Sleep well the long sleep Tom Allensworth ... see you at the long bar for a beer one fine day in the future.

RIP.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Thank you so much Tom for all you have done for the Flight Sim Community. AVSIM would not be where it is today if it wasn't for you!! Thank you again and may you forever rest in peace. Ryan AAL7377

First, my heart felt sympathy goes out to all family and those close to Tom. It's a process that only time will heal and allow those to move on. But take that time. It's important.

Second, thank you so much Tom for your dedication, hard work, vision, and intelligence in making Avism such an integral part of this hobby. You've enriched all of us here and will continue to do so. I'll be glancing up toward the sky as I sip my morning coffee while reading Avsim. 

RIP

Brian

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.