Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

I came home from work and navigated to Avsim like I have done everyday for the past ten years, only to learn this very sad news. This is a special community founded by a remarkable man. Thank you Tom. This flight is for you...

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks Tom for bringing this community together. Here's to you, and hoping you've found clear skies with 60fps and sliders to the right

Fair winds Tom. You will be missed.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Farewell and blue skies, Tom.  Thanks for all you've done.

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

sig01.png

Though I didn't really post much here, but AVSIM also means a lot to me for my 10-year FS experience. Knowing Tom's passing makes my heart drop a minute and make me realize I should make this post here to say thanks for everything he contributed to this great community.

My condolences to Tom's family and may him rest in peace.

Yuchen Leng
Maddog driver
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Sad news. Of course I didn´t know him personally, but he has been a key person to build up this community and flightsimming friendship. My prayers with his loved ones.

Farewell

While not unexpected after reading Tom's own brave announcement not long ago, I still feel sad, now reading of the passing of someone who did so much for our flightsimming community. My signature does in no way reflect my feelings at this moment. RIP, Tom.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Very sad to hear this. Farewell Tom. I believe the Forum will be stronger than ever.

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

Very sad news. My thougts are with the ones he leaves behind. 

Tom was very helpful when I started advertising a few months ago. He was one of those rare special people, who make the difference..... 

Fair winds and blue skies Tom. 

Very sorry to here. Thanks to Tom and his website has given me last 10 years lot of pleasure and knowledge of flight simulation. You will be missed and my condolences to his family and friends.

I was shocked to see this today.  I usually only have time for a few forums here and didn't get wind of his situation.  I'm very sorry and saddened about this.  I have Tom to thank for brokering the know how, and therefore a joyful and peaceful experience of flight simulation, a hobby that catches dreams and can fill the mind with the wonder of flight.   He will always be a person whose name I remember for making this place a worthwhile spot for contemplative computational aeronautics.  Thank you Tom Allensworth for your profound legacy.

Blue skies and tail winds, amigo. Thank you for all you've done.

Very sad to learn about Tom's premature departure. My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

Enrique Vaamonde

RIP Tom and thanks for everything.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.