Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

Wow. Suddenly it doesn't matter if p3d is better than fsx or that QW released a quarter update or.... All that doesn't matter now. That is how much our community Has been shaken by this terrible news.

Thank you Tom for everything. And may he Rest In Peace. Bye

The flightsim community will always owe a debt of gratitude to you for being so influential in shaping the community as we know it today. Rest in peace and blue skies to you Tom.

Belisar Hoxholli

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Since the first announcement of his illness until now, the outpouring of emotion from so many people, from so many places around the world is a testament to some of the many many lives Toms enthusiasm and love of aviation touched in the course of his own life.

My condolences to Toms friends and family on your loss. Know that he will be truly missed and long remembered.

He was a good guy. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thank you Tom

Thank you Tom

Thank you Tom...

Perhaps we can rename the Avsim banner TomSim for some period of time?  Just me but I feel it would be appropriate.

While I never met Tom I had some wonderful correspondences and his sense of humor left me smiling through some very difficult times.  

Rest in peace and may your family know nothing but good memories and happy days moving forward...  

Now go make sure they get the forum in order up there so when we all get up there we can complain that the clouds aren't 4096x4096, cause stutters and VAS loss!!!!  

R.I.P.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends,

RIP Tom,

Dwayne Drover

I'm so sorry to hear this.

My thoughts go out to Tom's family and friends, let alone to the flightsim community, who have lost a pillar of support.

I feel privileged to have met Tom on 2 occasions, but I sure would have liked to meet him again.

Rest in Peace, Tom

Sven Sorensen,

Denmark

Tom was a man that kept the Flight Sim community alive when Microsoft abandoned it . Rest in Peace Tom . :( I was shocked to hear the news. :Broken Heart:

My very deepest sympathy to Tom's family and friends.  Best regards and hopes for the future.

Tom will sorely be missed by the Avsim community.  May the thoughts, heartfelt sympathy, and prayers help sustain and strenghted his friends and family during this sad time.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

very sad news, he will be missed rip Tom

My condoleances to family and friends. The AVSIM Community is a great legacy indeed. Thank You.

RIP Tom , you will be missed. My condolences go to Tom's family :(

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Breaks my heart. He said 90 days was a pessimistic view - only about three weeks ago. Anyway, such a sad waste. Rest in peace Tom - and thoughts go to the family.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.