Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

My deepest sympathies to his family and loved ones. His passion and enthusiasm for flight simulation was infectious. I can't even begin to think about the state the hobby would be in, had he not made the contribution he did. 

Rest in Peace, Tom.

Aimee Sanjari

Brand Manager, Dovetail Games

Forum_Pilot_Banner.jpg

Sympathies to Tom's wife Denise and family. He will be missed

Bill

Ciao Tom, ti sia lieve la terra

Maurizio

spacer.png   Como (Italy )   www.sim737ng.it

I9-13900kf-Asusz790-32GB GSkill-Rtx4080-MSFS/P3Dv6-3xBenq1080ST-Win10-Prosim3.26-AS-Envtex-Envshade-Orbx basepack,OpenLC Europe-CPFlight hardware-RSP TQ-Always on Vatsim

banner2.jpg

My condolences to the Allensworth family and friends.

Ramón

With Tom, another one of a great generation passes, somebody who loved not only those close to him but cared enough to share so much of himself with strangers through his hobby! My most grateful respects to this wonderful man and my heartfelt wishes to his family and friends in this terrible time.

Sascha

My deepest condolences to the famiy and a great respect to the man, who provided us, FS enthusiasts, with the prime source of our joy!

Thank you from the deepest of my heart!

Rest in peace Tom Allensworth. You have made such a great community for us.

My condolences to Tom's family.  I never met him, but greatly appreciate his dedication to so many people involved in this hobby across the world.  

Davycee

He will never be forgotten for what he brought to the flight simming community. Wow.. I can't believe he is gone. I hope avsim lives on, to honor him.

Oh, my word! I offer my sincere condolences and respect to Tom Allensworth's family and friends. I grieve the loss of the Founder of this incredible website that has touched countless thousands of flight simulation enthusiasts, myself among them. He will be sorely missed.

Tom, thank you so much allowing me the honor of being a part of this amazing phenomenon, AVSIM.

With respect and admiration,

APUtech

Thank you Tom for your guidance of AVSIM. We are all forever in your debt. Godspeed and farewell.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I really am still too upset about Tom's untimely departure. I have never met Tom in person, but emailed and chatted with him countless times, since the very early days of avsim in the 90's.

As a friend, my prayers are with his family, and I hope they will get the opportunity to see through this forum thread how loved, appreciated and respected Tom was. As a flight simmer, I hope the Board of Directors and avsim staff will continue to keep avsim what it was designed for - a free and open place for like-minded from all around the world.

Rest in peace Tom, you'll always be my pilot in command!!!!!

Peter 

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Tom gave me a chance to learn some things when I needed that opportunity to learn them.  I appreciate the chance I got to work with Tom in an earlier time here at AVSIM (In several capacities, the details of which are really not important at this stage) and hope that the spirit of his vision will live on.

Tom gave a lot to the community and hobby, we owe him respect for this.

Thank you for everything you did for me Tom.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.