Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

Tom has reached out to many of us flight simmers, has helped developed what has became today the greatest flight simulation website, and created what is now the center of all flight simulation. We all hope he has had a safe flight to his new world, and we hope that AVSIM will continue to develop to what Tom Allensworth has probably wanted. His death is never a delay in flight simming, but a step further towards perfection. If Allensworth has never helped reach out to save our needs, our flight simulation community would have been uncivilized and confusing. He went past our limits to save our flight simulation needs, but now its time for it to take it to another level. 

We hope AVSIM will still continue to be the best flight simulation website. Thank you for taking your time to read this. 

RIP Tom Allensworth.

I've spent a little time this morning looking at how AVSIM was formed and, certainly Tom must have been a truly driven and implacable man to have created this incredible space. One comes across his posts from time to time and they are highly intelligent, intuitive, informed, funny, scary, kind and thoughtful and occasionally hot-headed and verbose but always made with a deep sincerity. They are everything this forum should be and you could tell he was immensely proud of his achievements as we are of him. What a guy!

Thank you Tom.

Rest In Peace

I am very new to this forum, and am posting here 4 years on. I would like to thank Tom for the wonderful community he created. Rest in peace, and may we find a cure for cancer soon.

Have been visiting avsim for years and more and more frequently the last couple of months. It has been a truly outstanding source of information for our flightsim enthusiasts.

Have been reading a bit about Tom's pioneering work and I'd would like to thank him a lot for all the magnificent dedication he had for the community.

I wish his family all the best and I hope they are doing well after loosing a dear family member.

Jozeff

The Netherlands

I have been away from FS for some time sad to hear of Tom passing I am 80 and go way back to the start of Avsim and our first meeting in DC way back when ...Fly west Tom  the Osudog from Cardinal Airlines 1995-2005

Looks like it's just an advertisement page for Legacy.com

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

14 minutes ago, ClaudeF said:

Thank you!  Have past it on the the AVSIM tech to make the change.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.