Sign in to follow this  
Eric Tomlin

Farewell to Tom Allensworth

Is there any way we can get a nice message written up and have all of us sign it and send it to the family to show them how much Tom ment to our community,and how he pretty much single handedly via avsim kept it alive after aces closed

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I've been mentally preparing myself for the day I visit Avsim, and the sad news is announced; I just never expected it to be so soon. Rest in peace, Tom. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, and know that you've touched a lot of lives.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

What a blow, can't believe I missed this, this is unbelievably heartbreaking. 

Such a huge loss for the flight sim community

Thank you for everything Tom, you'll always remain in our hearts and our memories

ATC: "Tom Allensworth, you are cleared for take-off, no speed restriction, climb and maintain flight level ..... well, you'll know when you arrive".

RIP to a true Flight Sim pioneer.

That was shockingly quick, my respects Tom and condolences to your family, thank you for everything you did here at Avsim, certainly a fitting legacy. RIP

A landmark figure of the Flight Sim Community is no longer with us.

My condolences to his family.

Very sad news, R.I.P. Tom, thank you for all and condolences to your family.

We all miss you Tom. Thanks. You provided a great site. My sincere condolences to the family.

Happy Flying way up there! Bob.

My condolances to the family of Tom and I wish you strength for the coming hard times.

Though I never met Tom it is like a dear friend of mine died. Nearly every day I read his famous site for simulation and I am shocked that he passed away in such a short time.

You can live further knowing that Tom did awful good to so many people.

I wish all the best to you.

Ben Rikken

the Netherlands

So sad to hear about this news. Tom thanks so much for what you have done for the flight simulator community. You will not be forgotten, at least not by me and probably a whole lot of other people. My sincere condolences to Toms family. Thanks Tom for doing everything you did for the community! 

✈ Vincent Das ✈

✈The Vincetian Crew ✈

VERY sorry to hear this news.  RIP Sir!

Very sad news, RIP Tom you will be missed.  

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Had the privilege of meeting you in London some years ago. A good chip from the best old block. Farewell friend and God bless you.

Sincerest condolences to Tom's family, great loss to us all.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.