Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[04APR15] Today we lost a dear friend...

@Robert, thanks very much for that tribute.  It gave me a far better sense of the man than I was able to get simply as an Avsim forum participant, and made me appreciate much more what his life meant and how much was lost.  Highly appreciated.

Robert,

I'm sure Tom and his loved ones are very grateful for your fine eulogy here.  They will be in my prayers. 

Thank you for taking the time to inform us .... ,  and to share some of the experiences you've had with Tom.

Best to all,

Ken

Ken Boardman

RIP Tom .......He will be remembered as a good man 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

This is a very sad news for me too, even for being at the other side of the world.

RIP Tom.

My deepest sympathy for family and friends.

Stian Beinset

ENML

I like many of you only knew Tom through the forum here at Avsim. But when I heard the initial news and especially when I saw Roberts announcement I felt as if I was hit in the gut. I doubt that Tom ever had any idea of the amount of people he touched or influenced. My prayers are with his family as I am sure Tom is doing fine.

Ron

I've posted a few times, around AVSIM and other places, about my heart felt loss for Tom. Anyone that knows of me, know that Tom and I didn't "always" see eye to eye, but, we respected each other. Through the years, I had left, come back, repeat. More then a couple times. :( Most recently, I was away from flight sim for a couple years, and missed the last conference they held. I now very much regret that. :(

Family and my own life had gotten in my way, but I intend to never let that happen again. I missed flying, I missed being part of this group. God Willing, I will get back to my old ATC chops too. And why?

Because I can think of NO better way to honor a dear, respected, lost friend then to continue flying. Beating my head against the screens when I need to tweak more, or flying into intense weather and smiling every time.

I can only hope that paths cross again for all of my current, new , and former flight sim folks. Both here and now, and in the afterlife. I'll be Tom's co-pilot any day.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

rip tom

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Hello people,

normally I don't post here often, but  we had to say goodbye to Tom Allensworth and as it happened I came across this video and I thought that (at least in my opinion) this a nice way to 

remember or honour  him.

It doen not matter that the plane in the video is from another developer (it is not PMDG!!)  to me the video symbolises the cycle of life. 

Regards,

Wijnand Lindelauf (EHBK)

Well said Robert.....RIP Tom

Jerry Friz