Sign in to follow this  
Stanner

Plan-g Any Problems with FSX?

Has anyone had problems operating Plan-G with FSX?

Would appreciate comments on your experience with Plan-G and FSX.

Thanks.

Stanner

I use it in a network enviornment and have had no problems getting it to work. 

It does has a tendency to crash, which the author has atributed to issues with Simconnect.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Has anyone had problems operating Plan-G with FSX?

Would appreciate comments on your experience with Plan-G and FSX.

Stanner

I use It over my local network on my laptop as a moving map (FSX on my desktop with Windows 7 64bit) and have yet to have any problems. I also have it installed locally on my desktop for planning only as I run FSX full screen. Again, no problems. Make sure you have the latest version.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I've used it on a dual-monitor setup (not networked) for years and never had a problem. Try it, I think you'll like it.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Wonderful program. One seriously high quality piece of work by the developer.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I installed Plan-G and while connected to FSX my computer crashed and got a black screen.  When I rebooted my FSX folder and PLan-G folder were both gone, off my disc drive.  Now I have no FSX. 

Stanner

PS  anything like this happen to you with Plan-G?

Hi guys, well, I do have a problem with it, after installing the program and building the scenery database and stuff... I created a flight plan (VFR), set the altitude (Home Tab/ Altitude), saved it, ultil then, it is all OK.

So I go to the View Tab/Plan elevation and nothing shows up.

The flight plan is in Colombia, South America, so there are quite a lot of mountains all along the flight path, however the Elevation Plan does not show any mountains at all, it's all balnk.

Is this the way that window is supposed to be?

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Whan can I do??

Best regards.

If you haven't already done so tyou need to download a DEM file or two, for it to recognize elevations. 

"Elevation Profile
In order to use the Flight Plan Elevation profile feature, introduced with version 0.9.1, a suitable Digital Elevation Model (DEM) must be installed. This can be downloaded for free from the NGDC 'GLOBE' (Global Land One-km Base Elevation) website at http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/topo/gltiles.html You need to download and install a minimum of one tile to enable the functionality. You do not need to download and install every tile (no elevation data will be shown where tiles are not installed). Downloaded tiles must be placed in the My Documents\Plan-G Files\DEM folder. e.g. My Documents\Plan-G Files\DEM\f10g is the tile that covers the U.S. Eastern seaboard."

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I started using it yesterday. Looks great and works very well. However, the Stay On Top option does not seem to work after a while. It works for a few minutes but then clicking on the FSX window it disappears, which is annoying.

Other than that it is very useful.

Hi. I'm starting to learn how to use the program. At the moment I have a small problem. The Earth map is not shown well.

4 hours ago, Shuknami said:

Hi. I'm starting to learn how to use the program. At the moment I have a small problem. The Earth map is not shown well.

I know that you didn't ask for input, but you might also want to give Little Navmap a try also.

There is a Little Navmap forum here on AVSIM and the developer continues to make improvements.  FSX/P3D only at this time.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

The problem I have is that I have airports (they take a long time to load) but the bottom of the map appears blue.