Sign in to follow this  
trucker17

T Allensworth memorial flight sign up

I am starting this thread for everyone who wants to join in the flight.......

Lets please leave this thread for that......

If you have a service to offer to the flight, please do so at the TOM ALLENSWORTH MEMORIAL FLIGHT THREAD.

At current we have over 500 openings......so if you can make the flight sign in here, so we can plan for everyone.......

Thanks everyone.....

Here is what we would like to know........Example

Name:                                       trucker17

Aircraft:                                    (A2A) P51-D ( Berlin Express)

ALL AIRCRAFT IS GOOD.........

Trucker17

(A2A) P51D (Berlin Express)

Call me a traitor, but I would like to join, if I may. I realize I was the flyer of the last leg of the Round The World Race a while ago, but I would sure like to join this tribute flight, if I may be permitted.

Name:    Pat "PhantomTweak" Bernard

Aircraft:  Milton Shupe's Spartan 7W, Black Five

Thank you for this opportunity,

Pat☺

Here is the flight plan for the flight.....

RICHMOND, VA International to Charlottsville, Va. its about 70 miles. The first flight will taxi out at 9AM. followed by the second flight 10 minutes later, each flight will consist of 28 aircraft, and each flight will depart Richmond VA, once all 28 aircraft are airborn.....

The total amount of flights will depend on the number of planes and pilots who sign up......Anyone who is unsure if they can make the flight, please wait until you know for sure if you can make the flight......

We are currently working on getting someone who can make a video of the flight to be posted here at AVSIM.

Once the flights arrive at Charlottesville - Albemarle in Charlottesville, Va. Where the flight will end....

Other things like flyby's and Missing man will be left up to the pilots......

As for anything else that is done, that is up to you.....You can stay and make a day of it with your friends and fellow pilots, or sign off.....

Remember this is our way of giving our friend his own special sendoff.....

Also if we have enough of each type aircraft, we will try and get them set to fly together....Mustangs, Lightnings, B17's, 172's, 182's, etc.

PM.me if you can think of something i may have missed......

Craig.

Call me a traitor, but I would like to join, if I may. I realize I was the flyer of the last leg of the Round The World Race a while ago, but I would sure like to join this tribute flight, if I may be permitted.

Name:    Pat "PhantomTweak" Bernard

Aircraft:  Milton Shupe's Spartan 7W, Black Five

Thank you for this opportunity,

Pat☺

Welcome pat.....

Excellent idea. If nothing comes up that day I'll try and take part. 

Name: Matthew Kraemer (i_am_canadian737)

Aircraft: A2A C172 C-GQCU (VFR conditions permitting) 

I was wondering, perhaps we could all chip in a few donations for cancer research in Tom's honour? 

Thank you, and if desired I can go to the P-51 used for the RTWF or one of the other designated planes. I'm not great at the big guys but fighters etc are fine...

Pat☺

What's the date? I would like to know so that I can see if I'm free to fly. Thanks!

What's the date? I would like to know so that I can see if I'm free to fly. Thanks!

The Date is May 2nd. starting at 9AM pacific time.

The Date is May 2nd. starting at 9AM pacific time.

Count me in then 

Name : Sidhant Vaidya

Aircraft : A2A Cessna 182 VT-BOA

I was wondering, perhaps we could all chip in a few donations for cancer research in Tom's honour?

Canadian 737, I like that idea as well, PLEASE let me know how I can contribute.

Bob Werab

San Antonio, TX

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

This would be better left to the staff of AVSIM......

I am sure they could come up with a way to take the donations.......Its a great idea......

Just a thought:

Maybe the last group could execute a Missing Man formation? Diamond formation, Slot position pulls up and away to a vertical reverse as they go over the airport? Or Echelon formation, farthest from Lead does the same thing? Maybe just a formation fly over of Charlotsville?

Heck, any of the groups, all of the groups, some of the groups? Even one is a huge tribute, in my humble opinion.

Just a couple of thoughts. None essential. I just go by my own military experience. And yes, I knew a couple of pilots who...umm...did not return from flights? To me, a Missing Man flyover is a huge tribute to send a pilot off on his last, greatest flight, as the saying goes.

Thanks for letting me join you all, by the by. I appreciate it.

Pat☺

I'm in 

Name Greg Busby

Aircraft Alabeo Saratoga II TC N84969 

Canadian 737, I like that idea as well, PLEASE let me know how I can contribute.

Bob Werab

San Antonio, TX

Thanks Bob.....we need a number of things, i'll send you a PM...

I won't be able to fly online (MP), but would like to be part of the conversation on TS3, if that's OK.... if you would, please let me know if this is acceptable.

Name: Alan Nakamura (ViperPilot)

A/C: Rutan M-202 Boomerang

Thanks!

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I won't be able to fly online (MP), but would like to be part of the conversation on TS3, if that's OK.... if you would, please let me know if this is acceptable.

Name: Alan Nakamura (ViperPilot)

A/C: Rutan M-202 Boomerang

Thanks!

Thats fine.....Your welcome to join in on the chats with us on TS3......

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.