Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

I think the ASN update destroyed my FSX

Everything was fine today till I loaded ASN which I just bought three days ago) and when I ran it tonight it said it needed an update. So I donwloaded the update, saved it, and then ran it. It added a line to my FSX.cfg for affinity mask which I did not ask for. It also said it was modifying some files but I don't know which ones as I trusted the program.

Then I lost the use of EZCA and track IR.

When I ran the configurator for EZCA I got a box with this messgae: "The ROOT section in EXE.xml file not found."

Any ideas what happened? I hope an Acronis restore of the whole system does something as I have never done one before.

FSX Gold

Win 7 64

Jack Sawyer

did you install the right update  for your pc? using  the restore option  using  the acronis  wont  be  a  issue so you should be  back  to where you started  from before you installed asn

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think so, it said it can update it over the existing version. So I downloaded it and ran it and then this happened.  I can't remember the exact name of the file as I had to do a complete Acronis system restore.  So now I have to reinstall it and REX 4 TD SC.  But this time I will keep a log of which file I download and run with ASN before I do anything.

Jack Sawyer

I'm not sure but I think it's their new Affinity Mask setting.  The first time I said yes.  It totally messed up my FSX.cfg file as it created a new one so no cameras.

This time I chose no.  It wants to place an affinity mask value of 88!  I said no.

It even has a nag screen you can uncheck to ask if you want to have that setting applied to your cfg file every time you start ASN.  It creates a backup of your original but the first time I restored it and it was still messed up.

I have no idea what affinity mask even does.

Jack Sawyer

first of  heard of  this happening, ok  just ran  asn  and it  said  there is  a update  do you  want  to install it   since your having  issues  I  said  no  till I find  out  more  about  the update

Jack have you posted your issues  at the hifi forum  since iam sure  they want  to hear  about  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It happened again! When I uodated ASN then ran FSX, it asked to run a module called, X:\FSXas_srv_btrstrp.dll as trusted. I said yes and now I lost EZCA, Track IR, and just about everything. ARGH!!

Jack Sawyer

looks like it  a issue  with the asn update I would post the issue  right away  at hifi  so they can fix  it  so others  wont  have  the same issues

Peter kelberg

Heading that way now...

hopefully they got a fix but interesting I found these

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438152-run-the-as-btstrpdll-file/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/429211-active-sky-next-bug/

just a seasrch on this and came up with these entries

Peter kelberg

hopefully they got a fix but interesting I found these

You can also move your fsx.cfg file out of its folder and let fsx rebuild a new one - affinity mask will not mess up your fsx - it just tells your processor to run differently - many people change it to all different values to get fsx to run better - you can locate it in your fsx.cfg file and delete that line if you want - does nothing to mess up fsx

Rich Sennett

Thx I know  that   but iam not  the one  having  the  issue  here

Peter kelberg

FSX Gold

Win 7

No firewall at all.

UAC off from build at Jetline factory.

ASN was working fine for the three days I had it.  Three days.

Everyone convinced me to go with ASN from Opus so I did.

I bought it four the NGX.

It worked just fine till this update.

After the update it messed everything up.

So now I'm restoring yet again from Acronis.

I might ask for a refund as I no longer trust them.

Jack Sawyer

I updated FSUIPC(4.939j) and ASN(B5568) at same time - maybe should have done one at a time - and after reboot  Microsoft Essentials reported a virus and was removing it , never let me see what it was. After removal Ezca would not work ( running for 3 years with no trouble in FSX and P3d), MSE had removed my Ezca EXE file and the P3d EXE file and put administrator shields over my other exe files and now cannot remove them(googled everywhere). No UAC on from WNI7 first install.

Had to reinstall Ezca and had problems getting it to work, and reinstalled the last hotfix for P3d to get my p3d exe file back.

It appears to work ok now but may go back to a backup from mid April with Paragon and start again from there.

The only thing I did not do was put ezca.exe file in the exclusion for MSE, read this on forum for reinstall - its in now.

Was it my update to ASN?? now do I update to B5570.

Denis Brown

Was it FSUIPC or ASN

I updated ASN this morning and soon after departing LTBA airport FSX crashed citing FSUIPC as the 'culprit'.

I updated FSUIPC to 4.939j and reloaded the flight from the last save. FSX has now been running for over 1.5hrs and everything is fine.

No virus warning which I very much doubt would be genuine regarding FSUIPC. Probably just an over-eager virus checker.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather