Sign in to follow this  
menelado

MCE-P3DV2.5 Crash on StartUp

Hi,

I'm using MCE a lot. Two days ago stopped working..

I'm using P3Dv2.5 latest build. If i disable MCE from dll.xml the sim starts normally if i enable it the sim dosn't start.

First time the error occured I got a BEX error. I followed a procedure found in another topic and the BEX error gone. I also tried MCE install-uninstall and one FSINSIDER.zip from a post few days ago.

Is there a way to fix this without having to re-istall the sim ?

FSINSIDER.LOG

Logging started
Assumed Sim is P3D V2
Found 3 TextInfo sections
Enumerating Sound Devices
Finished enumerating sound devices
Entering critical section
MS1
MS1
MS2
MS3
MS4
MS5
MS8
MS9
MS10
leaving critical section
Module initialisation finished

P3D error

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
  Application Version:    2.5.12945.0
  Application Timestamp:    55145f5e
  Fault Module Name:    StackHash_2264
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    12f430d2
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    2264
  Additional Information 2:    2264db07e74365624c50317d7b856ae9
  Additional Information 3:    875f
  Additional Information 4:    875fa2ef9d2bdca96466e8af55d1ae6e

Thanks,

M.

Is there a way to fix this without having to re-istall the sim ?

There is absolutely no need to re-install P3D or FSX.

Try this...

Go to downloaded unzipped folder and copy config file "fsInsider.ini" (not t be confused with the dll of the same name)

Go to \Prepar3D V2\ installation folder and paste the copied file there overwriting existing one with default settings.

The installer doesn't overwrite it intentionally.

If that doesn't get you going, you can remove MCE from the simulator equation as follows.

Simply rename "fsInsider.dll" to "disabled-fsInsider.dll". P3D won't run a single line of code that belongs to us.

You don't even need to un-install MCE.

You won't be able to run MCE until fsInsider.dll is up and running in the sim though.

Are you using some AI traffic package? which one?

Fixed!!

My cockpit was boring without my first officer ^_^

Thanks,

M.

Hello,

I have the same problem!!Can you tell me how did you fix it?

Strangely im not getting any answer form fs++ support :(

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Hello,

I have the same problem!!Can you tell me how did you fix it?

Strangely im not getting any answer form fs++ support :(

Sorry, have not received any e-mail regarding this.

The fix is to simply overwrite both files (fsInsider.dll and fsInsider.ini) in \Prepar3D V2 installation folder, with the 2 files found inside unzipped downloaded package.

You have to use MCE V 2.6.4.2 or later with P3D V2.5 or FSX-SE

The fix is to simply overwrite both files (fsInsider.dll and fsInsider.ini) in \Prepar3D V2 installation folder, with the 2 files found inside unzipped downloaded package.

Hello Gerald,

Strange,I sent two emails to the support email! But anyway, yesterday i copied just the ini and didnt work, going to try the dll also later.

Thank you.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Gerald i know now why you are not receiving my emails, the email returned back with the message that the ip from my isp is black listed in your email provider. I checked with dnsbl.info but it's not. Check with 1and1 this could be happening with other emails.

Sorry for posting this here, but i didnt find any other way to contact you.

Marques

It happened again two or three times after installing something else and usually with Estonia Migration tool. Now I know that overwriting the FSinsider.ini with the original one always fixes the problem.

Well to me is getting a litle frustrating, this is perhaphs my favourite addon and is the only one that is not working...and i have a ton of them :(

Replaced the fsindider.dll and ini and p3d started with no problems and i was happyyy...but when i started MCE it didnt connect to the simulator..stayed in trying to connect until timeout. tried several times, with reboots, nothing!!!

Uninstalled MCE, installed again, replaced the ini and dll and.... is crashing P3D again!! noooooooo!!

Dont know what to do more, Gerald, gime some assistance here please.!!

Marques

Well to me is getting a litle frustrating, this is perhaphs my favourite addon and is the only one that is not working...and i have a ton of them :(

Replaced the fsindider.dll and ini and p3d started with no problems and i was happyyy...but when i started MCE it didnt connect to the simulator..stayed in trying to connect until timeout. tried several times, with reboots, nothing!!!

Uninstalled MCE, installed again, replaced the ini and dll and.... is crashing P3D again!! noooooooo!!

Dont know what to do more, Gerald, gime some assistance here please.!!

If the crash is only happening when you start MCE, it's very likely an incomplete installation on the P3D side.

Ensure you have a folder called <MCE dlls> inside \Prepar3D V2\ folder. Should contain 32+ dlls

If not, un-install MCE via Windows Control panel, then run "InstallMCE" to re-install the latest.

Never run "xPack.msi", as the latter only installs MCE and doesn't copy the files to P3D folder. "InstallMCE" will do that and kick start "xPack.msi".

If for some reason the <MCE dlls> folder still not there you can manually copy and paste it as follows.

Go back to downloaded unzipped folder.

Look under \Files\FSX\ folder

Copy the entire <MCE dlls> folder and paste it to <Prepar3D V2> installation folder.

As a side note, MCE natively supports P3D V2.5. There is no need for migration tool. It would eventually just cause issues. Apparently it is modifying our ini file, which in turn causes the crash and forcing users to seek a fix (replacing original file).

If the crash is only happening when you start MCE, it's very likely an incomplete installation on the P3D side.

Ensure you have a folder called <MCE dlls> inside \Prepar3D V2\ folder. Should contain 32+ dlls

If not, un-install MCE via Windows Control panel, then run "InstallMCE" to re-install the latest.

Never run "xPack.msi", as the latter only installs MCE and doesn't copy the files to P3D folder. "InstallMCE" will do that and kick start "xPack.msi".

If for some reason the <MCE dlls> folder still not there you can manually copy and paste it as follows.

Go back to downloaded unzipped folder.

Look under \Files\FSX\ folder

Copy the entire <MCE dlls> folder and paste it to <Prepar3D V2> installation folder.

As a side note, MCE natively supports P3D V2.5. There is no need for migration tool. It would eventually just cause issues. Apparently it is modifying our ini file, which in turn causes the crash and forcing users to seek a fix (replacing original file).

Gerald the crash is happening when i have the call of the fsinsider.dll in dll.xml, if i remove all works well.

I'm not using the migration toll to install MCE also.

Going to try later a new installation of MCE and make this check's that you told me.

Thank you.

Marques

Gerald I have been following this thread with interest as MCE has never worked (for me) with any version of P3D.  Until now I have not been concerned since most of my airliner simming has been in FS9, however ...

I have installed virgin P3Dv2.5, win 7/64 and the iFly 747 on a new SSHD.  MCE 4.2 crashed P3D.  I copied over the ini file. P3D crashed. I copied over the dll and ini file. P3D crashed. I successfully booted P3D then copied the dll and ini files. Upon rebooting P3D ... you guessed it ... crash.  :unsure:

BTW I have relegated System Mechanic to the tip following Ben's advice over a year ago.

I know I'm getting on in years but I hope there is a real solution (not a work-around) to this 'problem' forthcoming.  B)

Thanks mate.

@ both Demarques and Appliance

Assuming you are running P3D from "Prepar3D.exe" and not as simuated FSX, and the exe is set to run as admin...

Tell your anti-virus not to monitor the "Prepar3D.exe. Malware bytes is known to cause the issue.

Open "fsInsider.ini", change "Debug=0" to "Debug=1" and save.

Immediately after the crash, locate and send a file named "fsInsider.log"

Thanks

Tell your anti-virus not to monitor the "Prepar3D.exe. Malware bytes is known to cause the issue.

Such good advice!

I disabled my anti-virus program and uninstalled Malwarebytes and ran P3D ... no crash.

To say I'm a happy camper is an understatement.

Many, many thanks Gerald.

Such good advice!

I disabled my anti-virus program and uninstalled Malwarebytes and ran P3D ... no crash.

To say I'm a happy camper is an understatement.

Many, many thanks Gerald.

You're welcome.

Good AV should give you the options to exclude some exe for monitoring (so that you don't to get rid of it entirely). It's also better for the simulator performance.