Sign in to follow this  
conura

Upgrade question

Obviously, I read it wrong - assuming that by N/A, he meant no distinguishable difference as he listed 8 games in which he tested it..

At any rate, I'm still happy with my GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-4GD GeForce GTX 770 4GB.

John

John Wingold

At any rate, I'm still happy with my GIGABYTE GV-N770OC-4GD GeForce GTX 770 4GB.

Makes sense. Great card indeed, even for other games. I think those 4GB were the right decision back then and folks running the same 770 chip but only with 2GB might be more pressed to upgrade.

And a nice screenshot from Claude. :smile:

Makes sense. Great card indeed, even for other games. I think those 4GB were the right decision back then and folks running the same 770 chip but only with 2GB might be more pressed to upgrade.

And a nice screenshot from Claude. :smile:

I am the kinda guy who believe that sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words :-)

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hi,

topic is nearly 2 years old, so let me allow to refresh it... I plan to change sim platform from FSX to XP. Now I have i5 2500K@4.3 GHz, 8 GB RAM and GTX660Ti 2GB 192-bit.

I suppose that the GPU is a bottleneck of this config... and after quick reconnaissance I think about GTX 960 4GB.

I can spent c.a. $150 for used card.

What do you think?

Is it worth to add a bit $ to GTX970?

Of course I would like to fly with HDR + AA and Ortho4XP plus better then default airplanes...

Ps. Is there in XP the same principle as in FSX that nVidia is better? Probably should I search Radeon market for XP...?

Lucas

That, and more RAM would help, but it sounds good to me.  My old 770 is still pulling 30/50 FPS with my i7-4770 and 16 GB DRAM.  This is in XP-11.

John

John Wingold

Thanks for reply,

Maybe another (cheaper) GPU would be enough with 4GB VRAM? What do you think?

Ps. I have power supply XFX Pro 550W - will be enough for new GPU and the rest of my hardware?

Lucas

15 hours ago, Lucass said:

I have power supply XFX Pro 550W

I think I am running a 800W power supply.  These big cards are hungry..  Most require two power supply inputs.  As far as the GPU, I can only attest to what I said above.

John

John Wingold