Sign in to follow this  
Captain Prabodh Ballurkar

Need Help in Building a New FSX PC

Hello Guys , 

I need some help in building a new FSX PC ! 

I did a little research and got these :- 

Processor :- 

AMD 3.5 GHz AM3+ FX 6-Core Edition FX-6300 (FD6300WMHKBOX) Processor

MotherBoard :-

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Motherboard

RAM :- 

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB

HDD :- 

1 TB Western Digital

Total will be $300 

Any suggestions for it ! 

P.S I am new in building a CPU and Don't know much about Overclocking  :P

You sound like a Maharashtrian Captain. 

And that CPU won't cut much in Fsx as I have the same FX 6300. Better off with an Intel

Where is the GPU ? Hope you are not going to use the on board one.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

In your list you're still missing a video card, power supply and I'd surely go for 8GB of RAM. I know FSX is 32bit and cant use more than 4GB, but Windows also wants some RAM to use. If you're running a 32-bit Windows with 4GB RAM, FSX will get 3GB to use and you sure want to have the full 4GB for a flightsim. So, my advise Windows 7 64-bit and 8GB of RAM, even though FSX is 32-bit.

Like Zulfigar already said, I'd go for an Intel processor. The k-versions can even be boosted (overclocked) by a click of a button and do 0.4GHz more, without any knowledge of overclocking.

Another thing you have to take into account, is that for flightsimming, you'll need a strong power supply. 700-750Watt is normally seen as minimum. Seen your age, I understand you're trying to build a decent machine on a tight budget, but when you've build a basic machine and want to upgrade in the future, a low-wattage power supply is going to let you down.

You havent choosen an easy task, building a flightsim computer for $300, I dont envy you. ;)

Cheers!

Maarten

I Have A Nvidia GPU which is GALAXY GeForce 210 of 1 GB ! I know that it is of low-end profile but I searched for GTX 660 which is nearly $190. So , I am thinking to Purchase it later ! 

Yeah I thought of building it for $300 But My parents not in the mood to purchase  :(  ! I need only 25 -30 fps in VC ! So suggest me something which is $100 - $250 

Maybe it's an idea to look for a second hand computer? It might not be the latest technoligy, but it shouldnt be too hard to find something of 3, maybe 4 years old, that has more power than what you can purchase now for the same money.

Cheers!

Maarten

Captain,

I don't think there is anything in that range, I would rather go with the FX 6300 and put in the Gt210 rather than use the onboard.  The FX 6300 can go to 4.0 ghz on stock voltage BUT THAT MOTHERBOARD DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A FOUR PHASE hence would suggest to leave it at stock 3.5.

You should get decent performance but don't expect much. It still would be flyable by lowering certain settings and a couple tweaks in Fsx. I get decent performance not too bad.

Or go with FS2004 still a good simulator. Hey I still use it. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus