Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Another Great Global Texture Replacement for FS9

Only the 3d lights a little if you choose to use them with full autogen.

frame rates affected  ..... A LOT by 3d lights.

..... and "natural color" NOTHING like the enb/sweetfx - enhanced screenshots.

Unfortunately, that would be a deal breaker for me :( .  FPS was the reason I stopped using Experience X night lighting for FS9.  I also imagine a pretty big change running it without enb. 

Thanks for the info, Jon.  Night lighting is a must for me.  I will take a look at EVO after my PC upgrade.  Good to hear it also works out well with SweetFX.  I can tolerate subtle changes from SweetFX but, like you, I also find enb unnatural, imho.  Though I do use them on some of my videos that I upload just for a slightly different look.

Good to hear it also works out well with SweetFX

---------------------------

The only thing I find with SweetFX in play, is that it washes out the subtle shades in REX2004 clouds sets. I am trying to tone it down, to allow the great detail that is in the aforementioned.  That is my only critique to date.

---------------------------

The only thing I find with SweetFX in play, is that it washes out the subtle shades in REX2004 clouds sets. I am trying to tone it down, to allow the great detail that is in the aforementioned.  That is my only critique to date.

I noticed that when I was using SweetFX.  One thing I found that can help bring some of the detail back is to try different sky colors.  It seems like the sky color determines contrast intensity in FS9 and FSX. 

I noticed that when I was using SweetFX.  One thing I found that can help bring some of the detail back is to try different sky colors.  It seems like the sky color determines contrast intensity in FS9 and FSX. 

Oh..thanks..that's a great tip!  I'll try that out...

I really like what it does for ground terrain (especially the SEPIA effect), but those clouds need a little lovin', lol. Thanks for the sky color suggestion, Maurice.

Mitch

No problem, Mitch.  Usually, darker skies give you darker shades.  I know someone mentioned this once about the sky color in GEP.  You can tune your lightest and darkest values from there.  Yup, I enjoyed the Sepia feature.  I remember one time I was able to make Spain have the same look as the cockpit videos I have.

Yes, I also have SweetFx loaded onto my FS9/FSX PC back in London, but not here. I should probably do nothing until I get back there for a visit in September (I am running FS9 on a ten-year old Dell M1730 while I am away. State of the art ten years ago!!! Still more than serviceable, credit to Dell!) and can see what my 'real' FS PC is running..

Hi,

in my experience

- FS9Evo looks good without SweetFX, too (if you like the colours, and that is a matter of taste). I don't use either ENB nor SweetFX.

- The 3D lights have few effect on FPS, unless you come to a big city, but then they decrease the FPS quite severe. Strange enough, the effect on FPS is bigger at day than at night so that you can run FS9 at day without them and at night with them.

And by the way, I find that the rectangular shaped ground textures of AFS look not very good...

Best regards,

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

These were taken using the ground textures I currently have installed, near Mexico City - same co-ordinates, day and night. I wonder how they compare with how things look with your AFS textures, Maurice. Any chance of having a look, maybe you could even post a screenshot?? Does the AFS and/or Airport & City version look better? The lights here are a bit orange too - I agree they should be whiter. I guess the textures could be Photoshopped.....

Thanks!!

Martin

DayMex.jpg

NightMex.jpg

I took the pics over at Mexico City.  It looks like your textures look more diverse while the AFS have a sharper look.  The first one...

fs9%202015-04-12%2012-56-38-08_zpsjrmmii 

As I headed a little more forward, I got a nice mixture of city, urban and rural textures...

fs9%202015-04-12%2012-59-19-44_zpseautsi

I just finished installing City and Airport, and to be honest, I don't really see a change other than some better looking autogen buildings and the new tree textures.  I think I like my old payware trees better.  I didn't really pay attention at the airport buildings.  I'm going to write over it with the Zinertek.  Maybe it's too early to tell because I'm still getting used to the Mosaic add on. 

At the moment, I'm not sure if I would recommend Airport and City.  I need to do more testing.

At the moment, I'm not sure if I would recommend Airport and City.  I need to do more testing.

-----------------------------------

Hi Maurice,

As you have seen in my latest FS9 pics...my main focus for ground textures, is rural, farms, fields, crops, etc.  That is what I am picking out of my RURAL sets and mix and matching.  I'm getting real close to finalizing what I will stay with...and then be done.  Have you looked at Bird's Eye View?    It is a very powerful program, in that there are DEFAULT sets you can pick from, but..the power of B.E.V. is that you can totally custom build absolutely EVERY aspect of your ground texture sets.  You create your recipe..and then save it as a theme.  Very powerful...and the 1024 graphics are very sharp and clear...very well done.  If fact, you can even see the plowed ridges in fields in the Fall season  sets...   I highly recommend this ground texture program.  If you do go for it...make sure you also purchase HARD WINTER.  It is killer...and sends a shiver down your back as you fly over terrain...  :)

Ses

Maybe it's too early to tell because I'm still getting used to the Mosaic add on. 

Unfortunately you don't show the screenshots you made over Manhattan. As we all know, the streets and avenues are arranged from south-west to north-east parrallel to East and Hudson Rivers. With AFS World & Mosaic the streets and avenues are misplaced because they placed  them exactly south to north. So finally what's the use having some sharper buildings in a town depicted completely wrong?

Bernard 

-----------------------------------

Hi Maurice,

As you have seen in my latest FS9 pics...my main focus for ground textures, is rural, farms, fields, crops, etc.  That is what I am picking out of my RURAL sets and mix and matching.  I'm getting real close to finalizing what I will stay with...and then be done.  Have you looked at Bird's Eye View?    It is a very powerful program, in that there are DEFAULT sets you can pick from, but..the power of B.E.V. is that you can totally custom build absolutely EVERY aspect of your ground texture sets.  You create your recipe..and then save it as a theme.  Very powerful...and the 1024 graphics are very sharp and clear...very well done.  If fact, you can even see the plowed ridges in fields in the Fall season  sets...   I highly recommend this ground texture program.  If you do go for it...make sure you also purchase HARD WINTER.  It is killer...and sends a shiver down your back as you fly over terrain...  :)

Ses

I'm actually looking into BEV.  The reason I haven't purchased it yet is because it looks like a North American coverage only.  But the features you mentioned sound excellent.  I like the idea of being able to customize the look.  This is through a user interface, right?  Hard winter?  Of course!  I am in Canada :lol:.  I was very impressed with the hard winter shots they showed.  Will probably look into this one next.  

Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately you don't show the screenshots you made over Manhattan. As we all know, the streets and avenues are arranged from south-west to north-east parrallel to East and Hudson Rivers. With AFS World & Mosaic the streets and avenues are misplaced because they placed  them exactly south to north. So finally what's the use having some sharper buildings in a town depicted completely wrong?

Benrard 

Yup, what's the use of using this product when the shade of green they use for the grass is not true to life?  Why did I even bother paying money for water add on when water doesn't "pulse" in real life.  Why spend money on Overland planes when it's just a default plane with better visuals.  It's nowhere as accurate as real life.  Why do I even bother flying FS9.  They can't even mimic turbulence the way it happens in real life :rolleyes: .    

It never fails to amaze me how some simmers will nit pick at the smallest detail.  When you find that perfect true-to-life sim, please let me know.

It never fails to amaze me how some simmers will nit pick at the smallest detail.  When you find that perfect true-to-life sim, please let me know.

For sure never! I'm speaking about a payware product which finally gets the world worse than by default. If you can live with a disimproved FS, than everything is ok!

Bernard

Yes, I can live with a "disimproved FS".  I like the AFS textures a lot more than default and I know there are others as well.  How did AFS get the world worse than default?

I think it looks better.  It's all personal preference.