Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Another Great Global Texture Replacement for FS9

I've just purchase AFS World and Mosaic and will be installing later on today.

Would you recommend adding something like FS Global/Ground Environment  or any other type of programme as well?  I use Active Sky for clouds and water and Zinertec night sky.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

best wishes 

Aah got it.  I thought you found a new set.  Your FS9 does look fantastic!

I bought and just finished installing the AFS add ons and Zinertek night lighting for FSX.  It's a lot different on FSX than FS9.  The screens on simmarket only showed the FS9 version.   

No problem!  If you spend the time with  FS9...the payout can be rewarding. If a user can get it to where it meets his or her's expectation...visually...win/win. The non-stutter and animation performance on any system of the last ten years, is already there for them.

I've just purchase AFS World and Mosaic and will be installing later on today.

Would you recommend adding something like FS Global/Ground Environment  or any other type of programme as well?  I use Active Sky for clouds and water and Zinertec night sky.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

best wishes 

Cool.  Let us know what you think.

FS Global shouldn't affect AFS because it only adjusts the mesh.  The only way to mix it with Ground Environment would be to add your chosen textures manually because GE will automatically install all textures.

I know I mentioned this a few times already, please make a back up first because AFS will write over your current texture.  But I think you should be able to write over AFS with GE if you don't like the result.  You'd probably want to make a back up of your detail1.bmp also because AFS installs a high res version.  I've never really been a fan of the high res detail1 textures.

No problem!  If you spend the time with  FS9...the payout can be rewarding. If a user can get it to where it meets his or her's expectation...visually...win/win. The non-stutter and animation performance on any system of the last ten years, is already there for them.

I agree.  FS9 runs so well on every machine I've seen it on.

The payout is definitely very rewarding.  I still can't believe how good my FS9 looks every time I fire it up.  I just hope more companies come back to this great simulator like Carenado did.  I still don't know why nobody has made a global road traffic and boat add on.  We see them around airports on payware add ons but never on a larger scale.

Thanks Groovin.

I installed World of Mosaic last night and it's awesome.  There are no noticeable changes in frame rate and the overall appearance of fs9 has been greatly enhanced.

I also installed FS Global 2010X which works perfectly fine with W of M.

All in all, I'm a very happy bunny.

Now all I've got to do is load all my myriad of airport add ons! :huh:

I agree.  FS9 runs so well on every machine I've seen it on.

The payout is definitely very rewarding.  I still can't believe how good my FS9 looks every time I fire it up.  I just hope more companies come back to this great simulator like Carenado did.  I still don't know why nobody has made a global road traffic and boat add on.  We see them around airports on payware add ons but never on a larger scale.

----------------------------------------

Totally agree with the above.  FS9 was never dead 'n' gone...you can get it looking really, really good, and banging on the back doors of the other, later sims. That's how I look at it, anyway...

Thanks Groovin.

I installed World of Mosaic last night and it's awesome.  There are no noticeable changes in frame rate and the overall appearance of fs9 has been greatly enhanced.

I also installed FS Global 2010X which works perfectly fine with W of M.

All in all, I'm a very happy bunny.

Now all I've got to do is load all my myriad of airport add ons! :huh:

That's great.  I'm glad you like it.  I've been enjoying my flights a lot more with AFS.  I hope they continue to make global add ons for FS9.  

I want to try mesh next and thinking about getting my local aviation shop to order FS Global 2010 on disc for me.  Do you get any issues with elevations at airports (peaks and dips where they shouldn't be)? 

I hear ya on the airport add ons.  It's such a pain.  At the moment I'm just running Zinertek airport and I'm very happy.  Don't feel the need to install my airports yet, and I hope it stays that way LOL.

----------------------------------------

Totally agree with the above.  FS9 was never dead 'n' gone...you can get it looking really, really good, and banging on the back doors of the other, later sims. That's how I look at it, anyway...

Ha ha, so true.  When I first got into FS9 (2012) I didn't feel as excited as I should have because I was coming from FSX and I thought FS9 dead and gone / obsolete.  Now that I have so many add ons, I'm actually enjoying it so much more than before.  50% of my flying is in FS9.

Ha ha, so true.  When I first got into FS9 (2012) I didn't feel as excited as I should have because I was coming from FSX and I thought FS9 dead and gone / obsolete.  Now that I have so many add ons, I'm actually enjoying it so much more than before.  50% of my flying is in FS9.

Here I am flying out of KFNT towards KMIA...in an American A321...and Graham...just look at the ground 'night life'.  WOW!  And this..is FS9?!????   Wow..... These pics are dumbed down from the crystal clear night departure....man, if you could see this on my monitor...your eyes would pop out!   FS9 is becoming KILLER! :)  Click twice on the pictures to fully open them up to detail....

nightlife.png

nightlife4.png

nightlife2.png

nightlife5.png

Pretty "black" on my system monitor .....

Raise your brightness and contrast settings

Copied pictures, doctored them in photoshop and paint shop pro ..... nice sky but not much going on with ground textures ..... dark night I guess.

I'll just take your word on it ...... or take your monitor, whichever you choose.

dark night I guess

Brilliant.   :He He:

Understated as always.  

This thread motivated me to dig out my old BEV files from 2007 and install them into FS9.  After a few test flights I decided to go back to Ground Environment Pro, which is still my world-wide favorite, but did note that BEV installed a very nice grooved runway texture that I'll be keeping.  All that along with Pablo Diaz' HDE V2 grass and cloud textures make FS9 look great despite its advanced age.

John G.

John, this tread also movtivated me to reinstall FS9 with most of my payware. A month ago I had corrupted OS, which took days just to get my codes etc to install FSX-SE and  payware add ons. I decided to go ahead and reinstall FS9, unfortunately I could not find all of my BEV software so went back to Flight one to reinstall but to my surgrin It appears that BEV is no longer on their site.  Not sure if I want to reinvest $ for BEV again from another site, so would like your opinon on whether or not to GE PRO is that much better than GE2006? rather than spending $ for BEV?.   

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

John, this tread also movtivated me to reinstall FS9 with most of my payware. A month ago I had corrupted OS, which took days just to get my codes etc to install FSX-SE and  payware add ons. I decided to go ahead and reinstall FS9, unfortunately I could not find all of my BEV software so went back to Flight one to reinstall but to my surgrin It appears that BEV is no longer on their site.  Not sure if I want to reinvest $ for BEV again from another site, so would like your opinon on whether or not to GE PRO is that much better than GE2006? rather than spending $ for BEV?.   

Carl, I have both BEV and GEPro. There is not another FS9 ground/world texture program on the planet that can compare to how you can so minutely create your texture sets.  Nothing compares to BEV for that...and the program has some of the nicest textures out there for FS9.  GEPro is no dog...has some nice features, but again, nothing can touch BEV for adding 'your own' touch to what you end up with.  My opinion of course, in owning the both of them....

Hi Mitch, I have been reading your informative discussions on this tread wiith intererst.  Like I said I did have BEV bought way back in 2006, but couldn't  find my old backups.  I really didn't get into BEV enough to really appreciate it's usefulness since I was using Enviro before the crash. I guess I will break down and go ahead and pick up the BEV usa and give it a try.  However, I am a little concerned with the install since some indicated they had problems. W7 was not even born back in those days.  I  do  use W7.  Since you got it to work with W7 that is an encouragement. Also concerning GePro I do believe Flightone still has the rebate for previous owners of GE2006.

Regards,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________