Sign in to follow this  
twharrell

ASN weather gauge?

Joe, those of us who use P3D cannot use the RXP weather gauge, so I was hoping you might consider incorporating the ActiveSky next weather gauge into your 441 and upcoming MU-2.  That may be easier said than done, but I wanted to request that anyway. Thanks!

Todd

We have toyed around with this in the past. It is FAR easier said than done for several reasons, but nothing is out of the realm of possibilities.

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Todd,

If you are using ASN engine, you may want to try the weather radar gauge I developed for it.

It can be used with any aircraft as a pop-up, or in some VC for a better experience:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/459050-another-radar-gauge-for-vc-window-usage/?view=getnewpost

Roland

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Roland, that looks perfect!

Joe, could you possibly make a panel option in both the C441 and MU-2 that has a blank space in it so we can manually insert Roland's weather gauge? That Bend- King shell would look sweet in both.

Todd

Todd,

Notice that the Bendix shell is only available as a pop-up.

In a VC use case, you need a glass location to insert the gauge (i.e replace a Gps unit or similar), but there is no shell.

Roland

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Since shortly after the C402 was introduced, I have lobbied for a model with a flat section in the virtual panel where I could install any radio, radar, gps gauges I wanted.  Milviz did it with their C310.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Looking at the MU-2 panel, I'm thinking the glass surface of the radar is a good place for roland's cone beam gauge.

This is a decision for Mark, but I doubt it will be a problem!

Joe - Chief Pilot & Lead Tester - Flysimware Simulation Software

Captain - Gulfstream IV-SP

ATP/CFI/AGI/EMB-505/LR-JET/G-IV

Joe,

Any updates if this can make it in to the mu2?

Own p3d myself and would like to have a radar option.

I got Rolands great ASN gauge kinda working in the VC, thanks so much it works great. I'm using P3D so no Reality WX500. I used the 2D gauge and put it into the GTN 750 + Radar version of the VC. The result isn't perfect visually, but it is fully functional (buttons and dials are working). I tried the normal GPS VC version too, but no success because there is no "glass" surface. It would be great if maybe we could get another version with a working Bendix shell for the Roland ASN Radar?

Here a screenshot of the result so far:

MU2-RolASNRadar.jpg

Hey, what a strange radar integration idea, using the pop-up model in a VC :)

I have never tried that and even never had the idea to do so, but I'm sure you tried the standard ORadgauge before.

Anyway the most important is that it works for you!

Thanks for the kind words,

If some aircraft proposes dedicated WX radar knobs, I should be able to catch those specific commands to set radar params (as I have done for the Majestic Q400).

Roland

Roland

Hi Roland,

yes I tried the normal way and it worked perfectly. Only missing thing were the buttons and dials.

I don't know much about gauges or even programming them... so I just tried the 2D one in the VC and to my surprise it worked^^

There are some buttons and dials in normal GPS and GTN 750 versions of the VC, but they seem to be static without function. To my understanding the model would need to be changed to make them usable?

For now I'm happy and again thanks to Roland and Flysimware for your work. This plane really grew on me in the last few days :)

If someone else wants to try this as well here is what I did:

1. download Rolands ASN radar gauge and follow the instructions about copying

2. open panel.cfg in the panel.RDR_GTN folder of the MU-2 with a texteditor

3. find the "[VCockpit35]" section (pretty much at the end of the file)

4. change the following lines

gauge00=rxpWX500!RDR,0,0,512,380
gauge01=CONTROL_PANEL!clipboard RADAR,  90,50,330,250

to this lines

//gauge00=rxpWX500!RDR,0,0,512,380
gauge00=RolasnRadar!ShellRadGauge, 9,9,494,364, sweep|beam|icing
//gauge01=CONTROL_PANEL!clipboard RADAR,  90,50,330,250

Cheers

Andreas

Thanks for providing this I was waiting for someone to come up with a modification.

Thanks,

Mike