Sign in to follow this  
dan777

I Just Joined the Prepar3d Crowd

Again, thank you for the kind replies and suggestions...been adding what would be the costs, guess my original FS budget just went out the window...might give up riding the Harley-D to save some money... lol...thanks again all.

-Dan

Your system is quite similar to mine except I have 16gb ram and a single 680.  With the important sliders 85% to the right

the scenery is spectacular. I haven't used FSX in a year....thinking of formatting the drive (300gb Raptor) it's on.  

P3D lives on a Samsung 840.

And where Microsoft would barely talk to us and updates were few and far between LM seems to care!!!

FaxCap 

For those that are flying the "RealAir Royal Duke Turbine v2" or any GA, a quick question:

1. Automated Landing- Can you perform a CAT1 or CAT2 automated landing with the default onboard navigation instruments?

2. The Flight1 GTN750 - I take it, this GPS is optional add on for the Real Air Duke turbine V2, can you perform  CAT1 or 2, or even CAT3 automated landing with this nav instrument?

Been flying mostly the big airliner and of course, the FMS can easily automate landings and all, but have not much ventured into the world of GA aircraft's navigation instruments

Much appreciate any response.

Thanks,

Dan

No, autoland is CAT III only and you need special aircrew for that.  

I don't know of any small GA that has that setup.

Yes the GTN is optional and you should get it - it's superb (but again, no it's not even remotely realistic to assist with autoland).  There's an update coming soon with georeferenced approach plates and ADS-B stuff.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I recommend Pilot Edge, since you fly SW USA.

I second recommendations above

For scenery in your area:

ORBX NCA region, KPSP and KMRY airports

FSDT KLAX

FSDT KLAS

FB KSFO

Shez freeware KONT, KLGB

LatinVFR KSAN, KSNA

Sim720 KCRQ

For video card I'd get a GTX970 - if you can afford the 980 get that.

Hi All,

So in trying to understand how to pick & choose the different local scenery & airports, it seems based on availability & make by the manufacturer?  In other words, LatinVFR KSNA seems to be the only developer of the John Wayne KSNA & KSAN, while FSDT does make the KLAX, KLAS, etc...& ORBX for the NorCal region.  How do you choose which one in your opinion suits your needs when making these choices?

With regard to the regional & worldwide scenery, I see there are many developers/competitors in this market, and this is where FTX Global base will come in.  Do these products & others basically fills the P3D or FSX default in between airports scenery with the enhanced terrain?

Then there are also other products that enhanced the flying experience in the likes of ASN active sky, the REX soft clouds to name a few, then there are other add ons that enhances the airport interaction like AES, etc.,

Perhaps there is some sort of "sticky" posting somewhere that covers the questions I posted above, & these probably have been asked & posted millions of time…just like asking a question about what is the best "motor oil" in the other forum that I am also a member...lol :-)

Thanks,

Dan

So far I've ported over Aerosoft's 2 sceneries Lisbon and Mallorca X. Perfect. The amazing thing is that my frames are running high and the sceneries look fantastic with v2.5.  I've ported over Carenado PC12 HD. Perfect. I'm going to try Aerosoft's A321. Any issues with this one?

No issues here, runs perfect for me.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Those are just options I listed that I thought might suit you since you prefer to fly SW USA.  You could buy them all, a few of them, or none of them.  Most of those are of very high quality... the KCRQ scenery is decent, not amazing (but the fair price reflects this) and the LatinVFR sceneries are pretty good but not as good as FSDT or FB sceneries.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks Ryan, as a matter of fact, I might consider getting all of these, appreciate you pointing me to these information as it saves me time to surf the entire web. 

The jury is still "out" on the FTX global product as I am not sure if I want to spend $80.00+ to basically change way the trees, lakes, rivers, & mountains looks--what do you think?

-Dan

HI All - just a quick update since I joined the P3D community almost a month ago today, I am now broke...$$$ wise...lol...my goodness this thing can get out of control and bust just about any budget...

Besides the P3D V2.5, in my hangar now resides the following:

Aircraft:

1. PMDG 777

2. Majestic Dash8 Q400 Pilot Edition

3. RealAir Turbine Duke V2

4. A2A Cessna 182

5. Fokker F27 from Just Flight

6. A2A Sim B-17 w/accusim

Scenery/Environment:

1. FTX Globlal Base

2. FTX Vector

3. FTX open LC Europe

4. REX4 Texture HD

5. REX4 Soft Clouds

Airports:

1. LatinVFR KSAN San Diego Lindbergh Field

2. LatinVFR KSNA John Wayne

Nav Aids:

1. Flight One SW GTN750

AI Traffic:

1. MyTraffic6

Misc:

1. FSX to P3D conversion tool Estonia

I mostly got the these from Simmarket, FSStore, Just Flight, and some direct from mfrs...wow, I need to stop add now and just enjoy what I've got so far...I'm sure I am still missing lots of good products but darn, it is really getting expensive now - thanks for listening.

Dan

Only thing I would add to your list is the PMDG 737.

I think it would fit in nicely in the SouthWest  :lol:

Happy flying!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma