Sign in to follow this  
Guest jdu

Should we allow the use of AVATARS in the forum?

Should we allow the use of AVATARS in the forum?  

84 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

If you do that, then also drop the number of posts from profiles...Maybe drop usernames as well :)

Guest daveg4otu

Get rid of " Big " signatures - limit them to the size of say - no more than 50x100. No Avatars unless the poster is young , female, and good looking( This will surely get deleted in this PC- politically correct - world).Seriously Large sigs are really a waste of space and , for those on dialup - probably makes the page slow loading- especially if you've selected " view all" in a long long thread with lots of posts.As a lot of( not all) Sigs are a bit self congratulatory perhaps we could have a " rogues gallery"page where users can post their user profile, fancy logo/signature, mugshots if they wish etc etc- then those who desparately need to see what " Mr X" looks like can go and view. Dave

Guest JDH

Can't help but agree with the signature issue.It's probably just me, but I hate seeing some signature declaring Person One as Deputy Chief Director Senior Pilot of XYZ Virtual or something similar.All I am interested in is what people have to say, if I want pictures I'll go to the screenshot forum.

Guest B1900 Mech

Ditto!

Guest Lindy

....NOT "do we ban signatures?" I personally LIKE seeing avatars, although I am clearly in the minority here. :-shy I've seen some clever ones. However if the rule is the avatar can only be a picture of oneself, then I'd have to vote NO. If other images, within the size restrictions, can be used, I would vote YES.Now about the signatures.......... maybe we need a NEW poll. :-roll-Lindy :-rotor :-wave

Guest Lionel Goh

well.. i dun think avatars are necessary..cos we already have signatures...just for ur info: The signature can be super big.. but it can also bve compressed below 5kb.. its just the quality..so it does not mean the bigger the size of the sign..the bigger the file size.

Guest jdu

:-lol good one!