Sign in to follow this  
carsim

Low oil quantity

Dear Sir

The oil quantity is very low (60% on Eng.1 and 28% on Eng.2).

I would like to know how to refill it.

Thank you

Carlos

I would like to know how to refill it.

The intro manual describes the FS ACTIONS and PMDG SETUP menus shown on the menu page, along with the maintenance items. Please read this document.

Carlos

Full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Kyle, I hunted and hunted, I can't find it. I am wondering if my manual didn't update when I updated the plane? Or maybe I am just blind, more than likely just blind.

Hey Kyle, I hunted and hunted, I can't find it. I am wondering if my manual didn't update when I updated the plane? Or maybe I am just blind, more than likely just blind.

This has been in there since we released it years ago. Begins on page 96.

Kyle Rodgers

I can find the FS Actions section etc. But I cannot for the life of me find out where it references how to top off the oil. I thought that was introduced in a service pack later, and not from the original? Right now I just do a service to the engines because I can't find it in the CDU (which is really frustrating me, because I know I found it before).

I can find the FS Actions section etc. But I cannot for the life of me find out where it references how to top off the oil. I thought that was introduced in a service pack later, and not from the original? Right now I just do a service to the engines because I can't find it in the CDU (which is really frustrating me, because I know I found it before).

PMDG SETUP menu.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, stupid question (as I am looking through every menu on there) does it matter that I am in the air while I am doing it? Or is it there but you can't use it? Or is it completely gone while airborne? Because I just can't find it man.

Ok, stupid question (as I am looking through every menu on there) does it matter that I am in the air while I am doing it? Or is it there but you can't use it? Or is it completely gone while airborne? Because I just can't find it man.

I doubt it's turned off in the air because that's where you'd occasionally want to set failures.

MENU > PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > FAILURES > ALL SYSTEMS > MAINTENANCE

A little more buried than I remember...however, If OIL is low enough to trigger a message, it will show up in the ACTIVE prompt at the top of the FAILURES menu.

Kyle Rodgers

I doubt it's turned off in the air because that's where you'd occasionally want to set failures.

MENU > PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > FAILURES > ALL SYSTEMS > MAINTENANCE

A little more buried than I remember...however, If OIL is low enough to trigger a message, it will show up in the ACTIVE prompt at the top of the FAILURES menu.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh that's where I am going wrong. I could have sworn there was a menu item in there somewhere where you could top off the oil like in the 777. But I guess I must have been thinking about the 777 the whole time. Suddenly things are clear to me lol Thanks Kyle, appreciate the help.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh that's where I am going wrong. I could have sworn there was a menu item in there somewhere where you could top off the oil like in the 777. But I guess I must have been thinking about the 777 the whole time. Suddenly things are clear to me lol Thanks Kyle, appreciate the help.

Welcome. I actually used the 777 to look at the menu structure, but they should all be primarily the same.

Kyle Rodgers

Ya, I was referring to the ground maintenance page on the 777. I wish we had that for the 737 as well. And weather radar and realistic fuelling would be super to........................ lol Just sayin. Anyway, thanks again!

And weather radar

I don't suppose you've downloaded the latest update, then...?  :wink:

2015-2-12_18-34-6-42.JPG

Kyle Rodgers

Just to add to the steps that scandinavian13 gave to add oil ... After you get to MAINTENANCE select  SERVICE ALL  then select  EXEC. Tops off the OIL for both engines like a request for full service.

William Tribble

Sir.

Thank you for your reply I found the MAINTENANCE SERVICE ALL and now I have the oil quantity at 100% as it should be, I know that the aircraft uses oil during the flights so now I know how to refill it, thank you.

Carlos

My oil quantity in the #2 engine is always lower than the #1 engine. Even topping it off and after a 4 hour flight #2 is lower by 2%. After substantial flying 50 to a 100 hrs the engine oil in the # 2 burns so much more oil then #1 and requires a fill up below 76%. I cycle between 1 and 2 at engine start. Anyone else experience this type of consistency?

Mike Warren