Sign in to follow this  
whitetimer

ATC in X-Plane

Just a quick question to the commumity, why is ATC so difficult in X-Plane and how much of a game changer would a third party ATC application make to this sim ?

Cheers

If you look through this thread a plugin is coming that will allow you to use Radar Contact in XPX. 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/458643-multi-crew-experience-coming-to-x-plane/page-3#entry3217250

It is nice that someone is making the effort but I would rather have a proper X-plane ATC add on, that integrates directly to X-plane and uses its own navigation data (navaids, airports etc)

I do think the ATC/traffic issue (the two go hand in hand) is probably X-plane's biggest handicap compared to FSX/P3D. If you're just the type of virtual pilot that likes to load up on the runway with engines running, full throttle, and zoom around for a while looking at the scenery, it's not a problem whatsoever, but if you're the kind who likes to fly by real-world procedures in every aspect then X-plane is a complete dud.

I've never tried to use the ATC in X-Plane. I never used the ATC in FS9 FSX or P3D. I didn't feel that any of them were all that good. I've relied on 3rd party ATC addons for years. They're not perfect either but they're better than the default.

NAX669.png

I've never tried to use the ATC in X-Plane. I never used the ATC in FS9 FSX or P3D. I didn't feel that any of them were all that good. I've relied on 3rd party ATC addons for years. They're not perfect either but they're better than the default.

True, but a) as mentioned, 3rd party options are non existent for X-plane (this new plugin kinda-sorta rectifies that, potentially) and b.) the default FSX ATC is a lot more capable, intuitive and better-sounding compared to X-plane.

Just a quick question to the commumity, why is ATC so difficult in X-Plane and how much of a game changer would a third party ATC application make to this sim ?

Cheers

Have a look at this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/462796-new-actually-old-atc-plugin-for-x-plane-10-64-bit/

Version 2.0 of this plugin is in development.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Interesting feedback as i'm looking to see if there would be enough traction behind a third party ATC addon for X-Plane, whether it would be a viable option.

Interesting feedback as i'm looking to see if there would be enough traction behind a third party ATC addon for X-Plane, whether it would be a viable option.

are you saying your gonna develop one?

are you saying your gonna develop one?

I'm not confirming anything, but we are looking at the viability of such a project yes

we are looking at the viability of such a project yes

There are a number of things that x-plane lacks that consistently come up. A decent weather engine, AI traffic, seasons, and ATC. Any third party developers who can fill these voids will help to expand the X-plane user base and as a result might make some money in the process also. We look forward to seeing what you might come up with. If you decide to proceed, I'd be happy to volunteer as a beta tester down the road. 

NAX669.png

You also want to look at the limitation of xplane engine and it's XPUIPC interface.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.