Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Tom's Photo On AVSIM Front Page

Hi Everyone,

I think it would be nice to have Tom's photo on the top right of the front page, maybe in one of the add spots... Click on Tom's image and it would open to a history of Tom and AVSIM. A lasting tribute to a man who dedicated many, MANY years to Flight Simulation.

RIP Tom, my condolences to the family... You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Michael Swannick

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike,

Yes agree,

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think it would be nice to have Tom's photo on the top right of the front page, maybe in one of the add spots... Click on Tom's image and it would open to a history of Tom and AVSIM. A lasting tribute to a man who dedicated many, MANY years to Flight Simulation.

A good idea.  We will consider it. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

That sounds like an excellent idea, Michael.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Fair play folks,  the pic of Tom looks very well. 

Yes, I like the black ribbon.  Chase is the creative one....  We appreciate the suggestion!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, just to say the picture is really nice - looks very fitting and appropriate.  A good tip of the hat to our fine leader emiritus.

It looks good so he is still watching over us.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

It was a great idea by Michael Swannick for Tom's photo to be on each AvSim page. It's a constant reminder to us that without him AvSim wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be able to chat about our favourite hobby. We owe him a great deal.

I hope it remains for the foreseeable future. Thank you Tom. :Applause:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think it should be a permanent fixture. Just having Tom looking at me from his photo is enough to make me feel like I need to behave myself!

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think it should be a permanent fixture. Just having Tom looking at me from his photo is enough to make me feel like I need to behave myself!

That's very true

Christopher, we will have no hanky panky in the back there! :blush:

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I agree. For those of us who have been around for a few years, it is nice to still be able to have coffee with Tom every morning. :Cuppa:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.