Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Tom's Photo On AVSIM Front Page

Hi Everyone,

I think it would be nice to have Tom's photo on the top right of the front page, maybe in one of the add spots... Click on Tom's image and it would open to a history of Tom and AVSIM. A lasting tribute to a man who dedicated many, MANY years to Flight Simulation.

RIP Tom, my condolences to the family... You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Michael Swannick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think it would be nice to have Tom's photo on the top right of the front page, maybe in one of the add spots... Click on Tom's image and it would open to a history of Tom and AVSIM. A lasting tribute to a man who dedicated many, MANY years to Flight Simulation.

A good idea.  We will consider it. 

Best regards,

Fair play folks,  the pic of Tom looks very well. 

Yes, I like the black ribbon.  Chase is the creative one....  We appreciate the suggestion!

Best regards,

Yes, just to say the picture is really nice - looks very fitting and appropriate.  A good tip of the hat to our fine leader emiritus.

It looks good so he is still watching over us.

It was a great idea by Michael Swannick for Tom's photo to be on each AvSim page. It's a constant reminder to us that without him AvSim wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be able to chat about our favourite hobby. We owe him a great deal.

I hope it remains for the foreseeable future. Thank you Tom. :Applause:

I think it should be a permanent fixture. Just having Tom looking at me from his photo is enough to make me feel like I need to behave myself!

• Upvote 1

I think it should be a permanent fixture. Just having Tom looking at me from his photo is enough to make me feel like I need to behave myself!

That's very true

Christopher, we will have no hanky panky in the back there! :blush:

I agree. For those of us who have been around for a few years, it is nice to still be able to have coffee with Tom every morning. :Cuppa:

I am thinking it will be a permanent fixture if the rest of the board agrees.  It's nice to see Tom when I'm looking around AVSIM.

Anyone who is better than me at Photoshop is welcome to design a memorial banner for him.

I am new here, so I don't want this to appear as disrespectful.

I find the idea of that picture with a black RIP ribbon being on the front page permanently to be morbid.

I didn't know Tom Allensworth personally.  Perhaps he would like perpetual mourning of his death.  But, I bet he would prefer that everyone recognize his great contributions and then move on with life.

I didn't have my late wife buried on our front lawn so that I would have a reminder of her death every day that I drive up the drive.  I visit her and chat once a week.  I have even been known to miss a day once in a while, but she doesn't seem to mind.

I suggest a reasonable period of mourning (perhaps a month or two), and then, as with Tom, we move on.  Of course there should be a permanent memorial to the man and to his contribution to our hobby -- just not on the front page.  From my perspective, that is almost disrespectful in a Madison Avenue sort of way.

RIP Tom Allensworth.

FWIW

I would like to see the photo stay on the front page, but I agree that the black ribbon should be removed after a suitable period of time.

I would like to see the photo stay on the front page, but I agree that the black ribbon should be removed after a suitable period of time.

Agreed. No-one mourns forever.

Hi,

After an appropriate amount of time, the mourning band can be removed. But I believe, his photo should remian, with a subpage to Tom's/ AVSIM's history.

With all due respect to the new gentlemen here at AVSIM, there is a big difference between burring an individual on your front lawn and a photo on a web page. Lets keep things in perspective, I'm sure you didn't remove all the photos of your wife from your home.

Yes.  That sounds reasonable to me.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this