Sign in to follow this  
jeff20

scenery config editor

hi all

has anyone had problems with scenery config editor in fsx se

it ran ok in boxed fsx but will not even open in steam

I have deleted original fsx version and only use fsx steam version

I think it will have something to do with registry but if it has I do no how to fix

can anyone help please I have uninstalled scenery config editor a number of times and downloaded the latest version it seems to install ok but will not open when clicking the icon

jstorey20

jeff storey

When you open up the Scenery Config Editor, you have to click on File then Open other then go to the directory where the FSX-SE scenery.cfg is located.  You did not have to delete your fsx scenery.cfg. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

hi firehawk44

thanks for reply

cant get scenery config editor to open at all when I click on icon on desktop nothing happens at all it just wont open don't know what to try next

any ideas

jstorey20

jeff storey

You have to have Java installed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

thanks firehawk44

java installed I am sure I get a reminder when there is an update to java so should be up to date

jstorey20

jeff storey

Is the desktop icon pointing to the location of your current install of the program?

Right-click on the icon, select 'Properties', and make sure that the target is correct.

Dave.

I would delete your desktop icon, go into your config editor folder and create a new shortcut of the .exe file onto your desktop.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

thanks for all reply's

unfortunately tried all of them and my problem still there

tried opening scenery config editor from the folder in my c drive still will not open

checked properties shows correct target

tried uninstalling and reinstalling exactly same

deleted desktop icon and made new one but program still will not open

really stumped with this

don't know what problem is has anybody got any ideas please

jstorey20

jeff storey

tried opening scenery config editor from the folder in my c drive still will not open

I am in the process of re-installing Win7 and EVERYTHING else because I had an issue where I could no longer open Quicken 2014. I'm 99% sure it was because of a system restore, including my OS, I had performed while attempting to trouble-shoot a non-FSX related issue. This had also snowballed to other applications failing when starting.

I know this isn't directly related to your FSX issue, but I wanted to warn that system restores can cause problems instead of resolving them.

thanks for warning smaker

I have not done system restore for some time

jeff

jeff storey

Just a long shot, have you tried redownloading a new install file?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

thanks again to all who helped me with this problem

I have found out the problem was old java installs that should have been uninstalled

I did not know about these but when I have uninstalled all java updates and installed latest one everything worked fine

thanks in particular to firehawk44

jeff

jeff storey