Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Will we ever see a new version

Although VoxATC is great in my opinion and I use it with every flight there is still room for major improvement. If I recall quite some time ago there was talk over at Mutleys Hangar with the Review of version 6 that there would be a major update to VoxATC in the future. To the best of my knowledge that update never happend. I wonder if Tegwyn is still working on major things for VoxATC or just small updates when a new Flightsim hit the market. In any case I am very thankful for any update making it compatibl with the latest FS and enjoy VoxATC probably more than any addon in my huge FS Collection :) but cant help but wonder what the next step will be.

Mike     

The best bet is to email Tegwyn and ask him, he can only say yes he is working on a new version or no he's only doing small patches.

I would really like the idea of DLC packs like UK Enhancement instead of a new product.  I really hopes he improves the VFR component of this great product with new content for other regions as well as the IFR component like adding a direct to option and rejected take-off option. 

On my wish list is the ability to use VoxATC over a network.

RodeoGeorge

Voxatc over network would be great and also the addition of NAT

As Tegwyn does not access this forum have you emailed him to ask this questions or give him suggestions?

Rog 

Rog Hanson

What I will probably do is collect everyones suggestions at the end of the month and send tegwyn a wish list so he knows what customers would like to see in a new version.

Yeah i support that idea. That would probably be the best solution for us and Tegwyn. Because the way i see it, it could get quite frustrating getting flooded with emails from all of us yapping over features. Lol.  

I'd like to see improved the way VoxAtc handles traffic on the ground. It would be nice to have hold short instructions to avoid collision with other aircrafts while taxiing (in addition to the ones at runway holds, which already are implemented).

^ Yes, thanks for reminding me. Sign me up for that too. Although i have been issued a hold position from time to time (always remember to select the pushback option if pushing back) and it worked quite well. I found that when i am holding short at my local airport, the planes landing have to backtrack so they can exit the runway. The problem is that they take a turn and want to exit exactly where i am holding short instead of taking the next turn which is clear. Most of the time here, i find myself face to face with another plane, but after some time they disappear.  The program knows i am there because the AI planes will stop a couple of meters from me but it would have been great if somehow it told the AI planes that the taxiway/holding point is already taken and so they should move on to the next available one. So yeah, improved ground traffic is more than welcome. 

Now would it not be nice to be able to import checklists and the first officer to be able to read out at approiate times in the flight . I know there are others that can do it but would lovely to have this integrated into one product . Wishful thinkinging

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

I would like to see the pushback and start menus revised to be accurate ( you don't start up at the gate), pushback happens first and then start - hence push n start. I would also like to see holds for traffic and line up and holds - none of which seem to happen.

I would like to see the pushback and start menus revised to be accurate ( you don't start up at the gate), pushback happens first and then start - hence push n start. 

That's already in there.  Just hit 0 when you are prompted to request start-up and you can request a push and start.  It's not especially helpful that the default is a non-gate straight start-up.

Thanks FP; I was pressing 0 but nothing happened. I've had a few issues and just done a whole fresh download and install.

Hi FP, well I removed and deleted all VATC files and folders, downloaded ( without av on) and reloaded and it works as you say - about once in every 3 times. But thanks

Hi FP, well I removed and deleted all VATC files and folders, downloaded ( without av on) and reloaded and it works as you say - about once in every 3 times. But thanks