Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Still wrong arrival weather!

Hi to all,

being excited when reading that version 6.49 will resolve the wrong arrival weather and wrong runway assignment issue, i gave it a try and installed version 6.49 immediately. As a weather engine I use ASANext all the time.  Listening to departure atis, the first problem: QNH and temperature correct, but winds calm, although NOAA Metar and ASANext both report 240/8KTS and this is also reflected on the gauges of the aircraft in the sim. Sitting in UUEE I should have been assigned departure runways 25 L/R, but because of winds calm VOX assigned me a rwy 07R sid and sent me to holding point of RWY 07R. Same problem when arriving in LGAV. The wind is 280/14 KTS according to NOAA and ASANext and the aircraft displays these winds too. Unfortunately, the arrival ATIS (frequency from AvilaSoft EFB) again announces winds calm and assigns a RWY 03R star. Of course, arrival informs me to expect landing on rwy 03R although it should have been 21L/R. 

What is wrong here? Can it be that this annoying problem is still unsolved although promised by the update? Or am I missing something? Do I need to point VOXATC to the ASANext weather file somehow? Any help is appreciated.

bmaik

I just got ASN (SP2) version (B5575) for FSX installed and was about to set up a flight with VOXatc.

Are these weather ... SID/STAR/Arrival runway assignment / ATIS weather reports still not working with VOXatc ver 6.51?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I use ASN latest version along with VoxAtc 6.49 and I've got absolutely no issues with the runway assignment. The wind report is correct too, both on departure and arrival.

I would suggest to reinstall VoxAtc and rerun the indexer.

I have no problem with weather, make sure your weather has been injected before launching VOXATC, I notice if I forget to launch active sky next when I do it takes a while for the ATIS to update.

On flights that I have made since version 6.49, winds and other conditions VoxATC match ASNext ... but ... I meet another problem: STAR whose starting waypoint is far more than 60 nm from the airport destination, VoxATC (center) always assigns me a STAR associated with oriented North runway ... after, ATC approach indicates the runway I agree well with the winds, correcting, if a better runway with headwind.

I notified Techwin the problem and told me he was looking for ways to fix it.

I notified Techwin the problem and told me he was looking for ways to fix it.

Sorry, I mistyped Tegwyn

Which version are you using? In my Vox 6.51 I always get wind calm message in the departure atis. I use ASNext as a wather engine via network. Can this be the problem? From where does VoxATC read the weather? Can it read the ASNext current-weather file? How long do I have to wait after injecting ASNext departure weather until I start VoxATC for the ATIS to recognize the weather? Should I reinstall VoxATC? Please help.

Even after reinstalling Vox 6.51 several times, ATIS reports winds calm and wrong runway. Example: Airport, EFHK, Flightplan to LEMG loaded. Winds in ASANext (via Network) manually set to 040/24KT on surface. Checked it via EFB that this wind was correctly applied in FSX. Firing up Vox and listening to ATIS which reports winds calm and assigns runway 34 instead of 04L/R. It's soooo frustrating. A serious use of Vox is impossible with this behaviour. Already thought about definitely uninstalling Vox. Please help, Tegwyn!

Hi bmaik,

You want to report your problem you need to contact support@voxatc.com  or contact via the VoxATC.com website.. Tegwyn does not read this unofficial forum so will not see your pleas, reports or comments unless you contact him. If he already knows about your issue, the likelihood is that he will be working on it but contacting him directly is your best recourse. 

Can anybody confirm that Weather Updates actually do work for version 6.51?

Or can anybody send me the installation files for version 6.49 which I can't find anywhere anymore. I guess with this version everything worked fine. Many thanks, bmaik

I have the same problem with 6.52

voxatc can not manage the airport that have diferent STARs for diferent runways.

If they provide us a tool for manualy set the STAR and runway before the flight, or better during the flight

I conntact the support a weak ago, i never recive answer.