Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

Interesting aircraft system failure on landing

I had an interesting aircraft system failure last night while landing at KAST, Astoria Oregon. After touchdown, I deployed the reversers as usual, however I noticed that while I did get an armed and unlocked light for the left reverser, I failed to get a deploy light. The right reverser indicated proper deployment, however the left did not.

N261PE%20TR%20Fail%203_zps0mrh4lkh.jpg

Upon checking the exterior, the indication was confirmed, as the left TR was only partially deployed. Interesting....

N261PE%20TR%20Fail%202_zpsvponpbqq.jpg

N261PE%20TR%20Fail_zpssxl7vjme.jpg

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I was just doing a quick flight to get a couple of screen shots to go with some repaints that I will be uploading shortly.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Need to call out AR Shop and have them rig the throttles...

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

Need to call out AR Shop and have them rig the throttles...

What... and PAY them? No way, I'm an A&P. If I can't do it myself, it ain't worth doin! :)

That's a beautiful repaint! Can't wait for them.

Thank you. I just uploaded the first file. Once they have cleared the Library Moderator review, I will post a notice here in the forum so you know you can go get them.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Just out of curiosity, if one TR didn't deploy at all, I wonder if the resultant yaw would be simulated? Hmmm...

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

Just out of curiosity, if one TR didn't deploy at all, I wonder if the resultant yaw would be simulated? Hmmm...

Good question. I had only deployed idle reverse, basically just to block residual idle thrust, because the runway is plenty long enough, and I like to be a good neighbor, making as little excess noise as possible, even when simming. It should, because advancing only one throttle does provide proper asymetric thrust. It would be worth trying to see what happens.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA