Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Titanic Honor and Glory,the most amazing game I have ever seen.

Its about that time of year the anniversary of the sinking. These guys are trying recreate the entire ship and when I say exact down to the last rivet, take a look at these videos and screens and play the demo and consider a donation to make this project a reality! Most of these screens are from before they switched engines to Unreal 4 which has made everything look even better! If you contribute $50 you get a copy of the game and early access to a backer exclusive demo.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/titanic-honor-and-glory-phase-3

DEMO:http://www.titanichg.com/demo/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX99blR1pC2290NcBa_FsPA

tumblr_inline_mlbabngZE11qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlbadqtBIC1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlbaevoBhD1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_mlbae1TjXf1qz4rgp.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Only one thing to say really.............WOW.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Wow.  I'm in, said this long-time Titanic buff

I used to live in Halifax, I used to walk past the Titanic Graves walking to and from school, we would cut through the cemetery as a short cut. I think I am all Titanic out for one lifetime but this does look good as an educational tool.

Matthew Kane

The amazing thing for me, having grown up exploring the plans and elevations in the old Shipbuilder reprints, is to actually (or at least virtually) walk through those interiors.

I'd be just as happy if they forgot about the game and just did more interior recreations.  Would love to wander around the Mauretania or the Ile de France or the Normandie.  Though I admit that's probably a bit too much of a niche interest to get them any funding.

The amazing thing for me, having grown up exploring the plans and elevations in the old Shipbuilder reprints, is to actually (or at least virtually) walk through those interiors.

I'd be just as happy if they forgot about the game and just did more interior recreations. Would love to wander around the Mauretania or the Ile de France or the Normandie. Though I admit that's probably a bit too much of a niche interest to get them any funding.

I'm a huge ship buff myself I don't think there has ever been a better looking ship than Normandie though the SS France might come close. If your on Facebook you should look up a group I belong to, Lovers of Ocean liners we have around 2500 members and people post a lot of interesting pictures and info.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Its about that time of year the anniversary of the sinking. These guys are trying recreate the entire ship and when I say exact down to the last rivet, take a look at these videos and screens and play the demo and consider a donation to make this project a reality! Most of these screens are from before they switched engines to Unreal 4 which has made everything look even better! If you contribute $50 you get a copy of the game and early access to a backer exclusive demo.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/titanic-honor-and-glory-phase-3

DEMO:http://www.titanichg.com/demo/

This needs to be posted on as many forums as possible with the slightest interest.  The Titanic museum in Belfast needs to see this as well.

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If your on Facebook you should look up a group I belong to, Lovers of Ocean liners

Just joined - looks great (and very active).  Thanks for the tip.

When I lived in New York I used to go to the annual ocean liner swap meet (run by the World Ship Society or the Steamship Historical Society, can't recall) and once spent a nice afternoon talking with John Maxtone-Graham and his wife.  Came across in person much the same as in his books - quite charming.

I remember the France in her last years of service - used to watch her clear Ambrose Light from Atlantic Beach, LI (there was one evening that was so clear that you could see her colors out on the horizon) and once got to tour her in NY harbor when they allowed you to do that.  Got an architect's tour when she came back as Norway but she wasn't quite the same.

I miss Michelangelo and Raffaello, too.  

This needs to be posted on as many forums as possible with the slightest interest.  The Titanic museum in Belfast needs to see this as well.

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/

Agreed.  And they should drop a note to Maxtone-Graham while they're at it.

Tried the demo on the Oculus Rift last night and sadly at this stage it has too much judder and makes me sick pretty quickly. If this can be fixed it will be amazing in the Rift. 

From EGFF to YSSY

Just joined - looks great (and very active). Thanks for the tip.

When I lived in New York I used to go to the annual ocean liner swap meet (run by the World Ship Society or the Steamship Historical Society, can't recall) and once spent a nice afternoon talking with John Maxtone-Graham and his wife. Came across in person much the same as in his books - quite charming.

I remember the France in her last years of service - used to watch her clear Ambrose Light from Atlantic Beach, LI (there was one evening that was so clear that you could see her colors out on the horizon) and once got to tour her in NY harbor when they allowed you to do that. Got an architect's tour when she came back as Norway but she wasn't quite the same.

I miss Michelangelo and Raffaello, too.

Agreed. And they should drop a note to Maxtone-Graham while they're at it.

I sailed on her when she was the Norway she was a great ship even though by the time I sailed on her she was ruff around the edges. I hope that people will see this post and contribute I'd love to see this kinda thing take off. Never know maybe the team would consider making a collection of ocean liners. I would suspect Maxtone-Graham would get quite excited about this he went into great detail about the Titanic in his book the only way to cross

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

he went into great detail about the Titanic in his book the only way to cross

Indeed - his Titanic chapter is a beautiful piece of writing.

More recently, he also did this one.

And at one point, IIRC, he was trying to find sponsors for a "build your own Titanic" contest - something to promote engineering education in schools.  Couldn't find any takers - no one wanted to be associated with a failed engineering project.  But I'm sure the virtual Titanic would appeal to him.

Indeed - his Titanic chapter is a beautiful piece of writing.

More recently, he also did this one.

And at one point, IIRC, he was trying to find sponsors for a "build your own Titanic" contest - something to promote engineering education in schools.  Couldn't find any takers - no one wanted to be associated with a failed engineering project.  But I'm sure the virtual Titanic would appeal to him.

I take it that you know of the program vehicle simulator you can captain quite a few liners in it.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hadn't known about Vehicle Simulator. Will check it out. This is turning out to be quite a thread when it comes to new territory to explore. Thanks for the new treasure maps!

The graphics are quite lovely, but what kind of game replay value could there be? How many times could one "enjoy" (if that's even the right verb) watching a ship sink?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The graphics are quite lovely, but what kind of game replay value could there be? How many times could one "enjoy" (if that's even the right verb) watching a ship sink?

Its not just about the ship sinking it's about exploring the ship,meeting with friends online ect. The main story line is a murder mystery. You board the ship in Southampton and then go through the entire voyage this can be spead up or played in real time.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.