Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Is there a smiling pic of Tom A?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mitch, apologies if my use of language was poorly chosen.  'Force' was the wrong word. I guess what I meant to say was 'respect' that some people aren't perhaps the smiley types. To me, with all respect in the world to Tom, I just don't think he was the smiley type; especially on photos.   My late Dad was exactly the same; he'd never smile on photos and always looked sombre and serious, but like Tom - his heart was lodged right in the right place and his intentions always right.    

Brilliant words; I agree :smile:

Well the main reason I'm not smiling at the moment Mitch is because I tried everything to clean that FS9 CD4 (and my PC CD/DVD reader) with no luck! :(   :smile:    but nah, I'm not joining your program - the photos where I am trying to put a smile on look ridiculous - like each face muscle has been pinned into place - it looks excrutiating ha ha!  .... blue skies buddy!

Back atcha, Craig!  I also accept that everybody is different, and if Tom in life, had that sort of mostly intense and serious look upon his face...then that is perfectly alright in the big picture. :)))

He did look jovial in that other picture that a poster highlighted.  :) I'll just think of that picture every time I gaze upon the Founder..the Tom in the middle with the baseball cap on, ready to hear a good joke or story..... :))))  That pretty much describes my M.O.   ^_^

Sorry to read about that disc.  I wonder what happened to it.....you always kept it in its sleeve, Craig?  I think you can still order a copy of FS9, and if so...I'd buy one for sure.  Like I said, that's what I did...and there is a .exe that will allow you to not run or have a disc always in your hard drive. Or, you can make an image to do the same thing. I also did that...to save the disc.  I'm having a blast with FS9...I'm on a mission....lol.  It is really starting to look much like FSX...for I have seen others doing this the same. It can be done..and man oh man...if you can get it to what satisfies you visually...the payout is HUGE!

Cheers, my friend. Have a great day!  It's sunny around the lower Great Lakes! I'm going out today to change the oil in my GoldWing...and take her out for that first ride of the season. YES!

Mitch

Really? All this over a picture?

Change them out occasionally like google does with its logo, or random wallpaper or something. Sheesh!

Make it a living, changing memory and not some dusty, unchanging picture of a bank's founder on a wall.

Or something.

Really? All this over a picture?

Change them out occasionally like google does with its logo, or random wallpaper or something. Sheesh!

Make it a living, changing memory and not some dusty, unchanging picture of a bank's founder on a wall.

Or something.

I think it's great that Tom is pictured.  Think of the statue on the campus of Harvard College in the Green, that of John Harvard, himself sitting in the Elector's Chair.  I have rubbed that left foot for luck, along with so many others (we tourists)...that the finish has worn off...lol.  Sort of like having a statue of Tom as the Founder of AVSIM. I find it most appropriate, indeed! I just wanted a smile...(smile!).

I think the current one with the P-51D in the background is the most appropriate, especially if it was his favorite. I say don't change a thing!!

Then we would want one with him looking off into the horizon or some other type of stance. This picture was his favorite. Why do we want to get rid of his favorite photo of himself? I have several pictures of him too and there are some in the AVSIM Gallery.

Best regards,

I was saddened to hear about Tom's passing.  The picture they posted though really sums up what I learned about him, both serving for him as a mod once and just visiting the great community he set up.  I just see the gaze of a watchful, reflective man who not only was an asset to our hobby, but certainly held in high esteem by Microsoft and the team they had there, by the team at X-Plane, and so many other sim communities and products.  It has been great to know him and the members of the community here.

John

I'm going out today to change the oil in my GoldWing...and take her out for that first ride of the season. YES!

Sounds fantastic, enjoy Bro! ........ The FS9 set isn't available new in the UK any more, but I found some on Amazon.co.uk, used, but guaranteed.  Going to order one!  Cheers :smile:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this