Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio1

747/400X Keyboard Commands

Hi, Can anybody help.

I have been using the 737NGX for quite some time and have many keyboard commands set up which work fine. 

I have just installed the 747/400X and am creating keyboard shortcuts

I am trying to assign the same keys as I have used on my 373NGX, namely  "home - end - insert - page-up - delete - page-down keys".  I can assign these keys, but when I try to use them in the virtual cockpit there is no response.  I can assign other keys such as all the alphabet and the number keys not the ones mentioned.  Dose anybody know the reason for this.

Any help appreciated

Scorpio1

I can assign these keys, but when I try to use them in the virtual cockpit there is no response.  I can assign other keys such as all the alphabet and the number keys not the ones mentioned.  Dose anybody know the reason for this.

I think we changed how the key commands work between the 747 and the NGX/777.

Scorpio1

Full real names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, Sorry about that,

I was just wondering because I had the FS9 747/400 and could assign all my keyboard with no problem.  

I take it there is no way I can assign the page-up or page-down keys etc.

Thanks for all your help

David Hope

Hi David,

I can confirm the same, but as Kyle suggested I think it just reflects an evolution in how PMDG facilitated key commands between the 747X.

For example, I use key like '[' and ']' for the heading -/+ in the NGX, but these do not work in the 747X; so I use purely alphanumeric keys in the 747X, eg..... keys '7' and '8' are assigned to the heading -/+ functions.

Also....... be careful that you don't have any 'duplicate' assignments in FSX assignments, or in FSUIPC assignments.   Eg.  If you were using 'V' assigned to the PMDG's VNAV function, and also had it assigned in FSX or FSUIPC, the PMDG assignment will not work until you cancel the other assignments.

Hope this helps.

Hi Craig.

That explains everything, I understand now that some keys are not assignable and its not just a fault with my setup.

Thanks again

David Hope