Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower V2 FSX & P3D

Hi,

I've installed the P3D version downloaded from this website developed by Javier Fernandez (freeware):

http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/8/203

However, I've discovered that there is an issue with the wake coming off the ship when moving,

The wake is at the same level as the deck of the carrier..........a little strange. There may be other things broken that I'm not aware of. This add-on has been excellent for FSX, but it is not working for me in P3D.

So what have your experiences been?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

After two installations, I haven't been able to get up and running with it in P3D 2.5. I keep getting an error message about Java not being installed. I've installed that twice too. 

-- tazz

Hi,

I've installed the P3D version downloaded from this website developed by Javier Fernandez (freeware):

Nice link

After two installations, I haven't been able to get up and running with it in P3D 2.5. I keep getting an error message about Java not being installed. I've installed that twice too. 

2.5 is not supported or at least not tested in it yet

Quote  "Add-on For FSX-SP2 & P3Dv1(v2 not tested)"

Rich Sennett

Rich,

If you look slightly below your quote, in red ink is this:

Updated on 6/17/2014 : Improved automatic installation, compatibility with Prepar3D v1 and v2 +

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Nice bit of kit...Has anyone got it running in v2.5x?

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Nice bit of kit...Has anyone got it running in v2.5x?

Regards,

Chas

Hi Chas,

at least it was working from 2.0 on im sure it runs just good in v2.5. Im just doing an reinstal of v2.5 now and that package is a must have for me i will install it :)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Does the wake fix used in the commercial shipping AI package fix the carriers also? I very never checked to see if it does.

I just installed the Nimitz with no sweat. It is working however i did not check the wakes :S

• Upvote 1

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Prepar3D_v2_Academic_2.5.12945.0

REX 3 water REX4 wave animation (photoreal) P3D water high, surface winds light

wake1.jpg

P3D water ultra, surface winds 90+

wake2.jpg

wake3.jpg

wake4.jpg

P3D water ultra, surface winds light!

wake5.jpg

Thank you for sharing this link! Looking forward to the new ai carriers! I managed to get the old ai carriers to work no problem! Been trying to circumvent the P3D wake problem with my limited brain. Coding is not my THANG! But these pictures of the USNS PATUXENT from 2007 proves the wakes in P3D are fixable...me thinks!

The wakes of the Patuxent works great but the wakes of the Nimitz kinda sucks :blink:

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

The wakes of the Patuxent works great but the wakes of the Nimitz kinda sucks :blink:

I think the wake effect (fx_wake_carrier) is hard coded in the Nimitz .MDL. Trying to adjust the height of the effect referenced in the MDL using ModelConverterX, but since I'm not a coder, this might take several years! :mellow:

RE: RIKoooo - uss_nimitz_uss_eisenhower_v2_fsx_p3d

ERROR: Ship wakes going vertical.

I have just downloaded this wonderful package and the ships look great. Unfortunately the wakes on the ships are going vertically. I assume this is a problem with fx_wake_carrier.

Everything else, including AICarrier2, is working fine.

Has anyone come across this anomally or know how to correct it?

I am running FSX Deluxe sp2 on Win 7

..... Lance.