Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

Anyone try My Traffic 6 yet?

Well I'm far from happy. The first thing I did was to check if the Emirates A380 arrives at EGCC as it has been doing in the real world for the last 5 years. And no, it doesn't despite there being a gate large enough to accommodate it.

Given the real world schedules have been updated to Feb 2015 and this is a major airline flying into England's 3rd busiest airport I would have expected to see it.

On top of that the instructions for trying to add a new schedule (flight) have not been updated from previous versions and screenshots don't match what I see. Help within the program is virtually non-existent. If you exit the database editor and haven't saved your changes it will just exit and you lose the lot.

If you create a new database you have to add the file extension otherwise it ends up with none. It's not added automatically.

There are spelling mistakes in some of the menu items too. The interface is particularly awful but I could live with that if I didn't want to add a flight.

So, no. Not very impressed at all.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray.

Was tempted but will stick with ut2

Thanks for those Mallorca pics on the aerosoft forum too!

I have been running MyTraffic for sometime in FSX.  Since I 'upgraded' to P3D i left it without traffic, getting a solid 20FPS (locked).  Just bought and installed My Traffic for P3D not noticed any frame hit, running 30% commercial 10% GA.

Models look OK, not outstanding.

Interface is a dogs dinner.

Install instructions may as well be written in Mandarin, not a problem if you have installed it in FSX, it's basically the same procedure.

As Ray mentions above the Traffic appears to be a plausible reality rather than entirely real.  I also leave near EGCC and can confirm that the Emirates A380 actually comes in twice a day now, both the 12:00 and 20:00 flights, neither appear to be simulated.

It's OK and at least at the minute very good value for money. 

Ian R Tyldesley

I'm curious if the American Airlines planes have been upgraded to the new livery? I currently own MyTraffic 5.4.

I am trying to install traffic optimizer with my traffic 6 in p3d. Unable to install optimizer without getting error message. Anyone have the optimizer working with my traffic 6? If so where did you find the latest version of traffic optimizer to download? Could you also give detailed steps as to how you got optimizer to install?

Cant make up my mind on this one - better quality paints would have pushed me over the edge

Rich Sennett

Install instructions may as well be written in Mandarin

I do not understand why folks are having difficulties with the install instructions, it all seemed very clear to me.

The installer runs, then you make simple edits to two cfg files, the tool to do this is clear to see in each sims drop down menu.

The interface will never be seen again once you have selected your schedule, it is functional rather than pretty but it works for what you need it to do.

It could be better but this is the project of one man working alone, the shear amount of work to create over 2500 afcads along with 5500 liveries for 200 aircraft models is staggering and Burkhard should be proud of what he has produced.

On the subject of a single Ethihad 380 not turning up on time at EGCC then whilst it may be a dealbreaker for some there are actually 6 million ai flights daily in MyTraffic and it is clearly stated that they are as close to Real world schedules as possible but not totally.

To quote the sales page at Simmarket

"Flights are generated based on real world data and, where data are limited, on a realistic model - All traffic is generated based on real-life traffic patterns. You will see airlines at airports and hubs which are consistent with their real-world operations. Where available, flight plans are modeled after real world observations giving you a high level of realism without the boring uniformity of products that restrict themselves solely to published schedules."

Nowhere there does it mention actual real world Schedules/timetables, only that you will see the correct liveries at the relevant gates, Traffic spotters should probably look for a different package.

It would seen that some buyers not only do not read the install instructions carefully they also do not read the description of what it is they are actually buying.

Cant make up my mind on this one - better quality paints would have pushed me over the edge

It's only 20 bucks!

I do not understand why folks are having difficulties with the install instructions, it all seemed very clear to me.

Well for instance the install instructions don't really mention P3D, they focus on FSX.  I personally had issues when installing the traffic into P3D, adding the main directory resulted in an error and no traffic.  The first time i added the line into Scenery.cfg it just didn't take needed to be added again. 

it is clearly stated that they are as close to Real world schedules as possible but not totally.

Isn't that what i stated, it was plausibly real, not entirely real?  Not a deal breaker at all for me, I was just backing up Ray's point, I wasn't really concerned with real schedules, i just want something to fill the airports and skies that makes me believe, so no Air Koryo running commuter flights from EGLC to EGCC and i am happy!

I suppose for the cost it is 'nit-picking', and overall i am happy with the product, but i really wish the installation was simpler and the interface was brought into this decade.

Ian R Tyldesley

I will throw my 2 cents worth in here. I am running FSX SE with tons of addons. ASN, REX textures, ORBX Global, PMDG, A2A, etc. My rig, i7-4790k stock speeds, MSI GTX970 x2 SLI (only uses one unforunately), 16GB 2666 RAM, Acer XB280HK monitor running FSX SE at 4K. Up until I purchased and installed MT6 last night, everything was running great after many hours of tweaks to make everything work right. Now for the first time I am experiencing VAS errors and crashes. Traffic sliders are set at 20.

My first flight was in the A2A Skylane with the F1 GTN750, at Aerosoft Anchorage X. As I approach the runway, I start hearing a horrible beeping sound, but cant figure out what it is for the life of me. Jump to the present, and here I am learning what VAS errors are. It has not ever been an issue.

Today, load the PMDG 777 up at LatinVFR KMIA, and there goes my VAS. Do a little research and learn about VAS monitoring. Open up Process Monitor to see my VAS in the described scenario at 3.4GB. Hence all the beeping.

Next I load up the default Trike at stock KLGA to see how it works. VAS is right around 2GB. Head on over to KJFK, VAS jumps up to 2.5GB. Bump the traffic sliders up to 50% just to see how it goes and there is a huge increase in traffic, VAS stays about the same, but frames plummet.

I know this is a lot of info and guesswork, but maybe it will help someone. Now I need to find what I can do to decrease the VAS usage. What I was using before worked great, no issues whatsoever. Back to the trouble shooting. :(

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

I've had this over 2 weeks and i'm seeing all different types of ai liverys all over my payware airports and with no troubles so far.

Great addon, so just buy it for only 20 bucks, install it and get over it!!!! Nothing is going to be perfect folks!

Vernon Howells

On the subject of a single Ethihad 380 not turning up on time at EGCC then whilst it may be a dealbreaker for some there are actually 6 million ai flights daily in MyTraffic and it is clearly stated that they are as close to Real world schedules as possible but not totally.

To quote the sales page at Simmarket ..."Flights are generated based on real world data and, where data are limited, on a realistic model

Glynn, There is ONE A380 flight into Manchester each day. If it doesn't show up then how many other flights won't show up? The blurb says it's based on real-world schedules and the main reason I bought it was those had been brought up to date.

That isn't a deal-breaker for me but what is is the dreadful editor now confirmed by Burkhard as having a bug, and difficult if not impossible instructions on creating a new flight. I was able to use yRoute years ago without problem but this interface and instructions are awful.

If you simply want to see lots of aircraft at an airport and aren't bothered about specific flights then fine. But overall, the interface needs some serious work to give the user some confidence in its ability. Oh, and simple things like getting a popup if you exit the database without having saved your work. Pretty simple stuff really.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

There is ONE A380 flight into Manchester each day

Ray there are at least two, both Emirates flights, the 13:00 departure and now the 21:00 departure.

Ian R Tyldesley