Sign in to follow this  
Perry333

Anyone try My Traffic 6 yet?

Same problems here. VOX panel select crashes every time now, can't even assign it to an aircraft. Completely dead in the water. It was working ok and the only thing I've done in the last 48hrs to P3D is install MT6. Hmmmm. Would love to use both together, but as they say...if it looks like a duck....

That sucks. WOAI works flawlessly if your looking for alternative traffic

ZORAN

That sucks. WOAI works flawlessly if your looking for alternative traffic

You said it beerwolfe!! Funny thing is...I had WOAI installed up till today, working great except for the occasional solid black texture....it was mainly the additional GA traffic that swayed me over to MT6. No wonder I held my finger over the mouse a little longer than normal before clicking the 'delete' button on all those WOA aircraft. Uggghhhh!!

Alan

FYI, ICE is Pirated. Just mentioning it can get a thread locked.

Global is as well.. It's one of the former names prior to ICE.. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

So they're pirated?? Pirated what? (Meaning what is it they are ripping off?).

In any case, if that's how it is scratching those two what about the rest?

In any case, if that's how it is scratching those two what about the rest?

I have used WOAI, UT2 and now myTraffic 6. So far UT2 is the best for me, but in all fairness MyTraffic 6 has not been tested by me long enough to tell. It is ramping up so far to be quite good and a threat to UT2. 

They took products developed by others and put it into their product without their permission thus ripping off the freeware developers. You sound agitated because someone mentioned pirating. Anymore discussions of pirated software will not be allowed.  This forum or AVSIM is not going to promote pirated products.  I hope you understand.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

They took products developed by others and put it into their product without their permission thus ripping off the freeware developers. You sound agitated because someone mentioned pirating. Anymore discussions of pirated software will not be allowed.  This forum or AVSIM is not going to promote pirated products.  I hope you understand.

Best regards,

Understood, though I don't get where you get "agitated" from.. What I am is surprised being there's a widely open site for at least one, didn't know it was actually let's say "a fraud" at least.

Anywho, getting back on topic, would appreciate some feedback on the "legit" stuff then like Capt Peirs gave.

Guess it would be UT2, World of AI, traffic 360, my traffic 6 and the aerosoft my traffic? (Still not sure if these just happen to be named the same of if it is the same product just published by aerosoft).

Thanks!

Understood, though I don't get where you get "agitated" from.. What I am is surprised being there's a widely open site for at least one, didn't know it was actually let's say "a fraud" at least.

Anywho, getting back on topic, would appreciate some feedback on the "legit" stuff then like Capt Peirs gave.

Guess it would be UT2, World of AI, traffic 360, my traffic 6 and the aerosoft my traffic? (Still not sure if these just happen to be named the same of if it is the same product just published by aerosoft).

Thanks!

I am now running UT2 and MyTraffic together and wow, are my airports busy.  :unsure2:

Well this afternoon out of both boredom and a bit of curiosity I bought MyTraffic 6 to the laughter from a few custom AI friends thinking why on earth would I want to try it out. I said I wanted to check it out for myself to have my own opinion based on how it ran, looked, performed etc. Install to both FSX and P3d 2.5 was a breeze and with issue at all. RTFM people.

I choose to fire up FSX at FSDT CYVR and see what I could see. First thing I noticed besides the model and livery quality from my own freeware setup was alot of airline traffic, too much actually to be realistic (there's more to this than simply changing the slider to 35% etc). I noticed a number of Westjet B738's without winglets, they have never had 738's without winglets save for one or two back in 2002 leased from Delta. I also found there to be 2 China Airlines A343's at the gate which doesn't happen irl. Interesting start I thought, I'll go check out JFK where I find 3 Air India B77W's along side an equal number of Avianca B787's. AFAIK, Air India is a daily flight and Avianca operates a mix of A330 and A319/20's to JFK.

I then shut it all down and opened up the traffic bgl to see if my hunch was correct. The airline plans are almost all set on a 24hour sched, which I haven't seen used in over 10 years. You end up with incredibly unrealistic numbers of aircraft for each carrier and type as you cant possibly recreate an airline schedule using a 24 hour period. Alpha India Group flightplans in comparison are optimized to be as close to real as possible for both schedules and accurate fleet numbers and are based on a more accurate weekly plan.

GA wise I barely saw anything, I'm used to seeing proper looking Challengers, Lears, Gulfstreams, Global Expresses, Hawkers, Citations, PC-12's, Kingairs of various types, not to mention the dozens of smaller Piper and Cessna models. Seeing a few default Lears, Cessna's and Cherokees etc just doesn't cut it.

I did see a fair bit of military traffic, but the models all looked like they had been hosed down with glossy varnish. I'll gladly stick to MAIW for military ai. Not only is it free, it works and looks awesome in FSX and P3d.

Performance wise, I wasn't blown away even after reducing the traffic levels to what I thought was more appropriate to compare to my own setup in terms of realistic levels of traffic. VAS numbers were better but generally within 100-200mb of what I normally see, and FPS as well was better with the MyTraffic setup. Just my opinion, but again I'll gladly take a bit of hit to the fps and vas in order to have an incredibly nicer looking traffic setup.

Overall is MyTraffic 6 a good buy? Honestly it is without a doubt if you want a simple all in one way to populate your skies with mediocre at best looking traffic and don't really care much about the accuracy of the flight schedules.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Have my traffic sliders at 20%/20% and got a fair amount of GA traffic around places like KMRY and KGUP with MT6.

Still need to check out the VoxATC thingy; are there any reports on MT6/Vox in FSX already? (Have only heard of problems in P3D so far.)

Honestly it is without a doubt if you want a simple all in one way to populate your skies with mediocre at best looking traffic and don't really care much about the accuracy of the flight schedules.

That would be me.

That would be me.

Me too, I like birds and bees flying around buzzing and chirping, could really care less what species or is it mating season.

...if you want a simple all in one way to populate your skies with mediocre at best looking traffic and don't really care much about the accuracy of the flight schedules.

I don't find the visual models a problem. But I live close to Manchester Airport and as we only have one A380 service a day (very recently a second was added) then it's quite disappointing not to see that flight when it's been active for over 5 years.

If I didn't live near an airport I'd be none the wiser and it wouldn't bother me. I'm guessing that many of you don't live near a major international airport so can't compare real life to MTX schedules.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Overall is MyTraffic 6 a good buy? Honestly it is without a doubt if you want a simple all in one way to populate your skies with mediocre at best looking traffic and don't really care much about the accuracy of the flight schedules.

Thanks for the objective review Dave.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

I'm guessing that many of you don't live near a major international airport so can't compare real life to MTX schedules.

I live within 30-60 minutes of KIAD, KBWI and KDCA.  I spent childhood summers in Atlantic Beach, NY, about a minute's flying time from KJFK.  I travel regularly in the Northeast Corridor, which gives me good looks at KPHL and KEWK, depending on how I travel.

So I know what real-world traffic looks like.  But as stated, I don't care about duplicating real-world schedules.  I'm interested in populated skies, and in having the right airlines at the right airports.

So it's not that I'm ignorant or living in isolation, I just have other priorities.

If, however, there was a particularly distinctive local visitor like your A380, I might feel differently about it.

On the plus side for MT6, it takes care of the traffic at another of my local airfields, KADW, which most other packages (aside from MAIW) do not.

In general, and speaking to all participants - can we agree that we care about different aspects of AI and have different ways we like to install it, without sniping at or condescending to each other?